RTB Dedicated Hosting Service - Service Closing

Author Topic: RTB Dedicated Hosting Service - Service Closing  (Read 256925 times)

It's a lot of lag.

RTB is having boners.
Or, or... Your Internet is being bad.

...no everyone is lagging

...no everyone is lagging
As I said.

I honestly don't think its RTB. My server is running fine and so are other RTB servers. I think he probably just has a ton of stupid add-ons.

I want to use this but I'm too poor. );

Um, wtf? The server is lagging.

I'm on Nasoa's right now. I'm very disappointed in this service right now.

We've investigated so many instances of servers lagging and in every case it's always been due to the add-ons installed or how the owner of the server is running it. Blaming every issue you experience on the service hosting the server is short-sighted and ignorant.

As usual, all other servers on both nodes are not experiencing lag.

You don't see Kalphiter doing that now do you?!
Yeah, because I didn't do it yet :)

We've investigated so many instances of servers lagging and in every case it's always been due to the add-ons installed or how the owner of the server is running it. Blaming every issue you experience on the service hosting the server is short-sighted and ignorant.

Rrriiigghttt.....

All instances of lag were due to how my server is run. You guys are messed up lol.

Just looked into this - you've got a server with 20 players, presumably with roughly the same number of physics vehicles. There's console spam from the vehicles too. I don't know what you're expecting when you push Blockland's performance like this - it's a known fact that physics vehicles suck, especially when they get stuck or anything like that.

Yeah, because I didn't do it yet :)
you're failing to keep up with the competition, tut tut. simply mimicking it wont get you too far!

Rrriiigghttt.....
How insightful!

Is there a way to change colorsets? I know there isn't a colorset manager.

Could using a ton of weapons cause console spam as well? I had about 30 players on a TDM one day and Lub came by notifying me of console spam. I suspect it could've been that.

Could using a ton of weapons cause console spam as well? I had about 30 players on a TDM one day and Lub came by notifying me of console spam. I suspect it could've been that.

Using badly made weapons will cause spam - console spam just means that something is causing errors. A lot of weapons error each time they're fired so with 30 players in a DM using bad weapons the console spam can add up and slow things down a bit.

Is there a way to change colorsets? I know there isn't a colorset manager.

Yes there is - if you use FTP you can upload the colorSet.txt file you want to use to the config/server folder on your server.

Yes there is - if you use FTP you can upload the colorSet.txt file you want to use to the config/server folder on your server.
Is this in my BL folder? And what exactly is FTP?

Is this in my BL folder? And what exactly is FTP?
Faster than prequel - The prequel to Faster than light

Little question, i did this before, but ever since the 'normal/no fx' paint has been bright pink unless I've selected it. It's not a big deal or anything, just wondering what causes that.