Author Topic: RTB Dedicated Hosting Service - Service Closing  (Read 256947 times)

Man, this sucks. Why can't I make an account on the Return to Blockland website. It gives me this error message, " Sorry, you can't register yet. We're not quite done with the rest of the site so give us some time to sort that out!" I tried to make a Return to Blockland account about a month ago and it gave me the same exact error message. My friend bought me 3 months of RTB Dedicated Hosting Service and I'd like to be able to control it.
You don't register there
you register here

Man, the more I look at this interface the more I realize how beast it is!

Man, the more I look at this interface the more I realize how beast it is!

Thanks, glad you enjoy using it. We've got a load of big improvements coming soon which I think you'll enjoy too. We'll do a post on that later.

Is there a way to try out the interface without purchasing yet?

Yep, we don't have a demo panel setup but we can do it on request.

I've given you full access to my server so if you login you should be able to manage it. Let me know how you get on.

Is there any reason why my colorset is not uploading? I've been trying to get it to work for a week now but without success. Sorry for posting here but my ticket was ignored and I really want to get working on my project.

Is there any reason why my colorset is not uploading? I've been trying to get it to work for a week now but without success. Sorry for posting here but my ticket was ignored and I really want to get working on my project.
Could you let me know your ticket ID please? I'll look into the problem.

Later as in today or some other day??
Presumably "later" as in "at some point in time past now"

You'll have to use the FTP access with filezilla and replace the colorset.txt.

Thanks for the free week, too.

You'll have to use the FTP access with filezilla and replace the colorset.txt.

Thanks for the free week, too.

Oh alright, that's what I assumed- just didn't want to waste my time with it if I didn't have to.

Is there a certain limit to how many addons can be uploaded to the server? I've noticed that not all of the addons I'm enabling are actual uploading to the server.

Is there a certain limit to how many addons can be uploaded to the server? I've noticed that not all of the addons I'm enabling are actual uploading to the server.
Ya. Its high tho. If you are hitting that limit, thats not good.

Ya. Its high tho. If you are hitting that limit, thats not good.
Actually, I don't believe there is a hard limit for uploads. Blockland instances aren't separated by account on the RTB server to my knowledge and thus I cannot think of a way to restrict the maximum size of the Add-Ons folder. There's a datablock limit for how many can get loaded into Blockland, but I don't think RTB has one. Just a logical limit, if you bypass it you may be told that you need to remove some.

Also, 900GB / 25 = 36GB per user, assuming 100GB is consumed by various other things on the server. You could probably get away with 40-50 before getting yelled at, since other people aren't going to upload that much data.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 12:29:49 PM by Trinick! »