Author Topic: RTB Dedicated Hosting Service - Service Closing  (Read 256946 times)

Professionals servers and datacenters are usually protected against mechanical failures you know.
I think you mean by replacement; there's really no way to stop a mechanical failure but it's not very common anyway.

Faster read times
Faster write times
Less energy
Lasts as long as an HHD
No mechanical failures
It costs about 10* as much but how much does satisfaction cost?

Since we've had NY01, it has spent 2.31% of time on the disk, you really have no idea how Blockland works and why an SSD would be a waste. Boot times aren't important because the server never restarts, power isn't important because it's included in the price I pay and life span isn't important because I get free replacements and take backups. SSDs are prone to failure, have had a whole disk array of SSDs fail from power loss with one provider, no point taking that risk and the extra cost for minute performance gains.

I think you mean by replacement; there's really no way to stop a mechanical failure but it's not very common anyway.
You can't stop it, but you can protect against the damage it causes. RTB has offsite backups.

You can't stop it, but you can protect against the damage it causes. RTB has offsite backups.
I get free replacements and take backups.
We've been over this.

Just a notice that we've just reached full capacity on both servers at the moment so any purchase attempts will have to be refunded. Sorry about that!

We're going to see how many people don't renew in the next few days and make a call about whether we need another node.

Wouldn't it be better to ask about refunds and hold orders to avoid making 2 payments?

Just a quick note, we've got limited extra capacity available right now in New York, I expect it will sell out fast though so purchase soon to avoid a wait until we deploy a new node.

Do all the clients' money cover operating costs or do you pay some from your own pocket? Are you actually making money off of this?

We don't take any money out of this service but yeah, our operating costs are just about covered.

Lub's being modest. Whenever they buy a new server the money for it comes out of pocket and I'm sure they haven't caught up entirely on their payments with their small margin of profit from the very very affordable pricing of their service. That's not even considering the countless hours they spent developing this service, imo this service is pretty much a charity to BL.

I can't seem to drag and drop addons onto my server. When I select them all I have to select one so it moves all of them in that group selected. And then I mouse it over the webpage and it says how many files I'm about drop but when I do drop it, it just opens the file that I selected to move all of them.

I can't seem to drag and drop addons onto my server. When I select them all I have to select one so it moves all of them in that group selected. And then I mouse it over the webpage and it says how many files I'm about drop but when I do drop it, it just opens the file that I selected to move all of them.
Any chance you're using IE?