RTB Dedicated Hosting Service - Service Closing

Author Topic: RTB Dedicated Hosting Service - Service Closing  (Read 256918 times)

Now there is actual competition in the world of Blockland-Dedi-hosting.

Time for the consumers to benefit. >:D

• Why is the paywall before actually choosing (or even seeing) the node?
  • Have you ever heard of the <label> tag?
  • Usually clicking outside of modal dialogs on websites closes the dialog.
  • The order quantity dropdown box is really strangely styled (haven't seen any others pre-paywall).

Are there any kind of guidelines and limitations you have on the kinds of scripts that can run on the server? For example, are there ports you allow scripts to use, whether it be 80 for displaying web pages or other "random" ports for add-ons like those cross-server chat ones? Also on CPU (e.g. server locking itself for a few seconds consistently for calculations) or RAM (e.g. data stored in hundreds of thousands of objects)?

Of course, there are shallow limitations in Torque itself, but I don't know how you have things structured.

Are there any kind of guidelines and limitations you have on the kinds of scripts that can run on the server? For example, are there ports you allow scripts to use, whether it be 80 for displaying web pages or other "random" ports for add-ons like those cross-server chat ones? Also on CPU (e.g. server locking itself for a few seconds consistently for calculations) or RAM (e.g. data stored in hundreds of thousands of objects)?

Of course, there are shallow limitations in Torque itself, but I don't know how you have things structured.

The limits are pretty loose, you have a range of ports you can use for whatever. Really all there is to say is to just be conscious of the resources you're using and if it is unreasonable we'd contact you and discuss things and come to some sort of agreement about resolving it.

You're given a range of 100 ports, but I can't tell you what the ports are or if they're reserved for the service.

Now, Lub will mostly say you can use all the resources you want, but that's a load of horse stuff. It's fine as long as you're reasonable with it. A few seconds is fine but hours and hours of full CPU is not fine, but that most likely means it crashed or something, anyway. Your CPU / memory usage should be proportional to the amount of players you have. A server with 0-10 players shouldn't be using full CPU 24/7.

If you could stick to answering questions about your own service only that'd be great thanks. I don't want you misinforming people when they're asking questions or anything, intentionally or otherwise. Lub and I are capable of handling questions.

If you could stick to answering questions about your own service only that'd be great thanks. I don't want you misinforming people when they're asking questions or anything, intentionally or otherwise. Lub and I are capable of handling questions.
For the record, was there actually any misinformation in his post? Just curious.

Well yeah, you don't get 100 ports and Lub wouldn't have said use all the resources you want. That does go for anyone though - I'd rather questions were answered by Lub or myself since we're sure of the answers.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 12:53:18 PM by Ephialtes »

I don't want you misinforming people
woops!

Well yeah, you don't get 100 ports and Lub wouldn't have said use all the resources you want. That does go for anyone though - I'd rather questions were answered by Lub or myself since we're sure of the answers.
You can use whatever you want in your 100 port range apart from 3XX00 and 3XX95 to 3XX99
kalphiter 1
ephialtes 0

woops!
kalphiter 1
ephialtes 0

Well no, that means you get 94 ports to use.

Will you make the Deployment  Page before payment? Lets say the server someone wants is sold out, they just lost their money.

Yeah once we actually have more than one node you'll be able to see what's available before buying a server.

Well then, looks like I answered someone's question when you couldn't, using Lub's quote. I guess you aren't
This is a thread that anyone can reply to; if you can't accept people answering other people's questions in this thread then I have no loving clue why you made a thread here. Besides, what are you going to do about it?
Clients get direct and fast responses through our ticketing system, that's definitely the best place to be asking things. All Ephi is saying is that it's best if we reply to ensure the answers given are 100% correct - you can't ensure that with your answers, there's really no need to be aggressive.

christ he's like a clingy girlfriend that won't move on from being dropped