Author Topic: RTB Dedicated Hosting Service - Service Closing  (Read 260636 times)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9X2EhyZMPA&feature=youtu.be

Funny video about Kalphiter's and Lub's

This is just a joke video so yea.
8 minutes and all you did was add subtitles?

2/10, make a short gif next time

Some suggestions, ones I really want are bolded.

Android/iOS App
Downloadable Program
Restart Button
Remotely Ban/Kick
Server Status Image
Colorset Manager
Send PMs to players on your server
Environment Settings on Dashboard
Remote Minigame Access w/ Slayer integration

We're currently developing the following:

Android/iOS App
Restart Button
Remotely Ban/Kick
Server Status Image
Colorset Manager
Environment Settings

The downloadable program seems to be fairly pointless since the website can be used on basically any device with an internet connection and would just be another thing to maintain each time we released new functionality.

Sending PMs to players on the server is more like an add-on request I guess since there's no default game functionality for whispering and we don't build the interface around add-ons.

The remote minigame access + slayer integration would be a real challenge and not something I think could be done in a clean and effective way given how the management interface is on a different server entirely from the thing it's managing. This kind of distance means things have to be done in a different way than a management system that runs on top of the game itself, and this doesn't lend itself well to the kind of responsive interface the minigame manager is.

That being said I would definitely like to add some kind of method for add-ons to allow themselves to be controlled via the dashboard as this kind of functionality is something I could apply to a free version of the management system that RTB may host in the future so I'll check that out.

Add in a hook system like rtb prefs

What about windows phone users?

The app will be web based and will work on all smart phones.

Is it possible to ban users without a client without it saying CONSOLE has banned blahblahblah

8 minutes and all you did was add subtitles?

2/10, make a short gif next time
It was just a joke video but ok.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9X2EhyZMPA&feature=youtu.be

Funny video about Kalphiter's and Lub's

This is just a joke video so yea.

8 minutes. I won't watch that.

Is it possible to ban users without a client without it saying CONSOLE has banned blahblahblah
No.

You could probably directly call the method on the BanManagerSO for adding a new ban, then delete the person's connection.

The app will be web based and will work on all smart phones.
If it's web based, then how is it an app?

If it's web based, then how is it an app?
It's a web application, the term is widely used in the development community.

Enjoying this. Have not had a single problem.

Don't worry we didn't expect you to know that Kalph ;)