Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1331382 times)

pls
If it says there aren't any updates, I'd stay with that.

You could effectively ruin your board, and you'd need to order a replacement BIOS chip.
Why do you need to update it anyway?

If it says there aren't any updates, I'd stay with that.

You could effectively ruin your board, and you'd need to order a replacement BIOS chip.
Why do you need to update it anyway?
because I read that you need to update the bios, I'm upgrading from an fx 4300 to an 8320, so will I be fine not updating it then?

Maybe you update it after you get the new CPU?

No, you need to update before.

I just read that with the Live Update you need to disable firewall and boot blocker in your BIOS. Have you done that?

Ok.

So, I spent around 2-3 hours today tidying up my cables. Now they're all nice and neat, or at least about as good as they're gonna get with my case. It has awful cable management, but I managed. I also got 2 new blue LED fans yesterday, and I had one intake, and one exhaust, but the intake was ridiculously loud, so I flipped it back around to an exhaust. That's not gonna be a problem, right, having 2 exhaust fans and no intakes?

theres a reason /g/ exists, and that is the exact reason

Ok.

So, I spent around 2-3 hours today tidying up my cables. Now they're all nice and neat, or at least about as good as they're gonna get with my case. It has awful cable management, but I managed. I also got 2 new blue LED fans yesterday, and I had one intake, and one exhaust, but the intake was ridiculously loud, so I flipped it back around to an exhaust. That's not gonna be a problem, right, having 2 exhaust fans and no intakes?

That MIGHT be a problem

Also I need the opinion of those that have ears:
I am planning on upgrading my PC, I want to start off with a mobo first but I run into the issue of what socket to get. The 2 I have (Or looked into) are Sockets 1155 and 2011 (Which is expected to have support till 2016). The question is: Which one will last me longer for upgrades. I built a PC 3 years ago with socket 1156, if you try looking up CPU's or even Motherboards, your gonna have a hard time looking for "better" parts to upgrade, it became obsolete which I don't want. I want a CPU that wont become obsolete in 5-10 years. Should I just hold off and wait till they release a newer socket for mobo's, which would lead up to better RAM (DDR4 WAT) and better chipsets or should I go with one that already exist, risking having the socket become obsolete and having to upgrade... again.

For those interested in what I have now:

CPU: Intel Core i7-870 Lynnfield 2.93GHz 1156 Socket
Mobo: ASRock P55 EXTREME4 LGA 1156
RAM: Corsair Dominator 8Gb (2 x 4Gb)
GPU: Nvidia GTS 450 EVGA (1Gb) Nvidia GTX 660 Ti EVGA (2 Gb)
PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 800W

If my 7770 can, then it'd bet all my stuff that a 7950 could.

Thats weird because its extremely laggy for me and it wasn't laggy for me when it first came out. Also I am running it at 1080p.

That MIGHT be a problem
Hmmm, Ok. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

"ford is not for first timers"
AMD is just as easy to build and use as nvidia.

That processor has no overclocking and less power than the 3570k.
That video card is a less card than the 270x
It has no SSD, only a no-name 7200RPM HDD (which is included in my build)
Case is one of the ugliest things I've ever seen.

two questions: is your card the same as in this video. and if so which build is better Your's or his http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n41kYe9W6og&feature=c4-overview&list=UU__Oy3QdB3d9_FHO_XG1PZg.

Edit: one more thing is this build better then those two? http://www.amazon.com/CyberpowerPC-Gamer-Xtreme-GXi2000A-Desktop/dp/B00CSJISKK/ref=pd_cp_pc_1
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 07:17:15 PM by Machinima »

coding + a lot of battery.
I always thought these were pretty neat.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0AJ11E3013

Not exactly a powerhouse, but lightweight and fast. 8 hour battery life and touchscreen.

edit: The price on newegg is kinda inflated though, go look around for deals at other sites.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 07:20:26 PM by Pecon »