[MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments

Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1302758 times)

How do I convince my friend to buy intel instead of what I suppose is a amd fx-numberhere 8-core (~$200)?
don't, let him choose what processor to use.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 10:26:29 PM by Nal »

if it's $200, just find the best $200 intel cpu you can find and show him the benchmarks

How do I convince my friend to buy intel instead of what I suppose is a amd fx-numberhere 8-core (~$200)?
Brand of cpu really depends on use. Unlike the two gpu manufacturers, cpu architecture differences are pretty major. Does your friend do a lot of file compressing, video rendering, or media editing? If yes, the fx-8350 is a good choice for $200. If he just wants a good cpu for gaming, an i5-3570k or 4670k is probably the way to go.

E-mail from my ISP contained:

internet fix cu viteza de download de pana la 1 Gbps (1000 Mbps), cu 59 lei lunar, TVA inclus

Translated:

Internet with download speed up to 1000 Mbps, 59 lei/month, TVA included.
59 lei/month = 18 dollars/month.

Parents don't want to upgrade. Oh well, still awesome and interesting news.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 12:16:45 PM by LeetZero »

Brand of cpu really depends on use. Unlike the two gpu manufacturers, cpu architecture differences are pretty major. Does your friend do a lot of file compressing, video rendering, or media editing? If yes, the fx-8350 is a good choice for $200. If he just wants a good cpu for gaming, an i5-3570k or 4670k is probably the way to go.
Isn't it better to have more cores for gaming since intel is pretty expensive?

A windows update broke my windows install, I've also had a friend have it happen to him today too, Just a warning.

More cores doesn't mean better in gaming. A good Intel CPU with 4 cores can out take plenty 6/8 core AMD ones.

What leetzero said. The fx-8350 is about $200 dollars, but the i5-3570k ($220) destroys it in single threaded applications. The fx can beat the intel in well-threaded applications, but not by double, even though it has twice the cores of the other processor. There aren't many games out there that actually thread well (crysis is an example of a very well threaded game)

A windows update broke my windows install, I've also had a friend have it happen to him today too, Just a warning.

I heard about that from a YouTuber in one of his videos. Seems that the latest batch of windows updates jacked stuff up the ass.

buy intel and win cool winter gear

buy intel and win cool winter gear
Intel cigarettes everywere
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 03:10:28 PM by Nal »

My Bose Speakers are pretty old, they are about 5-7 years old, is pretty much just this model, the Companion® 2 speakers and I noticed that when I play music pretty loud, they will start to go up and down, the volume. And it's not the song, it's the speakers because my headphones work fine. Like in the middle of a lyric it will be like "THIS IS How i shoW MY loVE"(Caps is the up and lowercase is down), i haven't had this problem like...ever. Just started doing it. Do I need to replace my Speakers?

You can kind of hear what i'm saying in this recording I took with my iPhone. You can kind of hear it going up and down.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/63475003/Speakers.m4a
Song is, Sail, By AWOLNATION.

Well he already bought it, but he has classes that uses CAD software (inventor,3dsmax,autocad) it would probably be better for him to get it than an intel processor.