Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1302497 times)

you plan on overclocking?
and its kinda like if you go with intel, you'll have a worse video card for the price but if you go with an amd cpu youll have a better video card, since amd cpu's cost a bit less and youll have more left over for a better video card

Lol a 20gb drive
that's the recovery thing, pretty sure its part of the primary

Why did you get a second (and low volume) drive if you have no idea of what to use it for and you still have 700 gigs free on your main drive...
i recycled it from my old computer

you plan on overclocking?
and its kinda like if you go with intel, you'll have a worse video card for the price but if you go with an amd cpu youll have a better video card, since amd cpu's cost a bit less and youll have more left over for a better video card
not sure. as long as the AMD cpu runs pretty well and doesn't bottleneck the GPU, AMD is fine

Alright, simple question. What would be best to upgrade for gaming and video editing according to my computer?

show us the rest of the specs

That's all the relavent information the system info says. It's an HP Pavilion g6-2323dx.

i wouldn't even bother, it's a laptop processor so he can only update the apu to get a minimal graphical performance increase

Alright, simple question. What would be best to upgrade for gaming and video editing according to my computer?
upgrading a laptop is pretty much impossible. well, you can upgrade the ram but thats the only thing really.

not sure. as long as the AMD cpu runs pretty well and doesn't bottleneck the GPU, AMD is fine
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1Sr8n

its like 750 but if you really want to do the mail rebates you can save 50 bucks
it should run most games on max settings, some more intense ones at very high
plus yay, the video card comes with 3 free games of your choice

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1Sr8n

its like 750 but if you really want to do the mail rebates you can save 50 bucks
it should run most games on max settings, some more intense ones at very high
plus yay, the video card comes with 3 free games of your choice
Anything but the FX processors :c

They arent the best
That's all the relavent information the system info says. It's an HP Pavilion g6-2323dx.
why are you attempting to upgrade a laptop processor for video editing

thats the only good amd family these days
its really either the fx or haswell

« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 08:15:35 PM by Pecon »

Uh.

Just use an A-10.
aa- a- are you joking? please be.

the A(number here) series are APU's (decentish CPU and not too good GPU combined), for people who have very small budgets (~300-450) and cannot afford a separate video card. if you can easily afford a very great separate video card, like in ultimamax's case, than getting an A series is ridiculous. if you have a separate video card, the FX series will outperform the A series.

aa- a- are you joking? please be.

the A(number here) series are APU's (decentish CPU and not too good GPU combined), for people who have very small budgets (~300-450) and cannot afford a separate video card. if you can easily afford a very great separate video card, like in ultimamax's case, than getting an A series is ridiculous. if you have a separate video card, the FX series will outperform the A series.
The APU's are designed to work alongside Radeon graphics. They're like Ivy-Bridge for AMD processors.

That aside, the A-series processors were admittedly not good until the A10 came along. The A10 kicks ass.