[MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments

Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1310822 times)

Intel overpricing yet again.
Well, there's nobody to stop them from doing that since they have a complete monopoly in that performance range.

~$1,000.
Nice. So far my PC has costed me $390 and I have yet to see how it performs

Does anyone know of any good and cheap CPU coolers of any type? preferably something less than $200 thats better that a stock fan and heatsink.

Does anyone know of any good and cheap CPU coolers of any type? preferably something less than $200 thats better that a stock fan and heatsink.
$200? Pffffffft how about $34? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099

$200? Pffffffft how about $34? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099
Hey now, I didn't know how much those things cost (although now its blaringly obvious). Anyway thanks, it seems a bit large though but whatever.

Well, I'm getting a new gaming computer in January and I want a pre-built one mainly because I have no experience with building computers (haven't even looked inside of one before) and I don't want to forget stuff up. So this was the one I was thinking about getting. If this one sucks, what do you suggest? Doesn't matter the price as long as it's under $1700.

4 8-pin connectors
is there 4 gpus in there? cuz that be dope

This is computer megathread and all so this might be slightly off topic.

I was going to get the HTC One M8, but I am looking toward the LG G3 now, what do you guys think? Right now i'm really leaning toward the LG.

I can't believe they actually named it the M8
seriously

4 8-pin connectors
is there 4 gpus in there? cuz that be dope
most mid-end and high-end video cards use 2 6/8-pin connectors. only lower-end video cards use 1 connector.

btw thats a R9 295x2 from powercolor i think (so pretty much 2 r9 290x's). its pretty stupid, since the stock r9 295x2 is superior due to water cooling, and also uses only 2 slots. i dont see a reason to use the 3 slot air cooler.

Well, I'm getting a new gaming computer in January and I want a pre-built one mainly because I have no experience with building computers (haven't even looked inside of one before) and I don't want to forget stuff up. So this was the one I was thinking about getting. If this one sucks, what do you suggest? Doesn't matter the price as long as it's under $1700.
no, you should build one. the "no experience with building computers" excuse is kind of stupid since most of us have also been in this situation. then we decided to do a day or 2 of basic research. its not rocket science.
anyway, that prebuilt isn't too bad of a value (although the case looks like poop), but then again you can do much better with a custom built

Updated builds because LOGICAL INCREMENTS
a lot of those builds kind of suck to be honest
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 03:56:46 AM by Shitty Puns »

Im looking to buy a computer in the superb range (http://www.logicalincrements.com/). What case should I get and why does the case I choose matter?