[MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments

Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1311354 times)

interesting

i already have a buyer for my 4gb 380 and he wants it within the next 3 weeks lmao woops. waiting for a 490 or potentially a non-founders 1070 but i may have to settle for a 480. all depends on how well it does in real-world tests

Good luck, seagates have the worst reliability.
you sure? I have a 2tb external and internal from Seagate and had no problems with either.

Also just ordered my new setup, should be built by next week. Too loving hyped of me lord the hype.

will post pics of the build process and once it's up and running.

- Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 Black
- Corsair Air Series AF140 140mm Purple LED Quiet Edition x2
- MSI Z170A SLI Plus LGA 1151
- Nvidia GTX 1070 Founder's Edition
- Intel Core i5-6600K
- Noctua NH-D15
- CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB DDR4 x2
- CORSAIR RMx Series RM850X

and unfortunately the OS will be Win10 bc DX12, and the new Forza Horizon game will be on PC.
does anyone know of a program that disables Win10 updates though? I've heard of one but it was only on Win7/8

hey i figured i'd come here for laptop advice even though it's a desktop-oriented thread:

i have roughly 1900 dollars to spend on a laptop. i need it for coding (mainly algorithmic trading/stock market stuff) as well as some graphical work. a graphics card would be nice as i'd like to game a bit, but emphasis on battery life and portability/utility i guess. any screen size is ok

any advice would b appreciated <3

I'd say go for the Surface Pro.

hey i figured i'd come here for laptop advice even though it's a desktop-oriented thread:

i have roughly 1900 dollars to spend on a laptop. i need it for coding (mainly algorithmic trading/stock market stuff) as well as some graphical work. a graphics card would be nice as i'd like to game a bit, but emphasis on battery life and portability/utility i guess. any screen size is ok

any advice would b appreciated <3
surface pro 4
they have different models at different prices to fit whatever you need, and they have some models that go up to your limit and then some

interesting! why the surface in particular? it's always been my understanding that the keyboard is Major Ass™

It's a desktop compressed into a laptop. The battery isn't a piece of stuff, it's built specifically for Windows 10 by the company that owns the OS, and is lightweight.

It's got very good specs.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 07:47:02 PM by Daedalus »

I really don't know what you mean by "loose keyboard". AFAIK, it's a screwed-in keyboard much like every other laptop in existance.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 07:46:52 PM by Daedalus »

oh stuff my Corsair case came today!

but welp on account of my pneumothorax looks like I'll be staring at the for the next week bc I can't lift stuff ;-;

I want to build a fish tank, build my stuff in there and throw some mineral oil in there but heres the problem
Im a lazy piece of stuff who doesnt bother maintaining that stuff and neither do I have money

I mean look at this stuff

you sure? I have a 2tb external and internal from Seagate and had no problems with either.
sample size too small to properly represent the reliability of hundreds of thousands of drives