[MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments

Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1309570 times)

Pheriferals and screens dont use that much power so I really doubt that
I'm scared if you're powering your monitor off of your computer.

If you have a 500W psu is it like 500/second (implying its using that much wattage all the time) or how does that work?
No. A watt is kg m2 s-3
I'm not going to explain electrical science.

I've done some research about where I'll be working and turns out they'll be paying 9 dollars an hour instead of minimum wage so that means about 1440 dollars a month which means I was able to massively re-work the plans on what I'll get.

BTW I don't really care for an SSD or boot speeds tbh so I'm not getting one (that and I've reached my limit cause I'm saving 100 for shipping costs, I'll be getting every peripheral I'll need so it's another 290 bucks added on)

1070 is pretty overkill uless you have a 1440p monitor or a 144fps monitor

1070 is pretty overkill uless you have a 1440p monitor or a 144fps monitor
I did some research and it shouldn't be that much overkill, in the benchmarks I've seen, it always performed near the same as a 980ti but yeah

Is it a good build though?

I did some research and it shouldn't be that much overkill, in the benchmarks I've seen, it always performed near the same as a 980ti but yeah

Is it a good build though?
Seems like a good build overall yeah, you could save like 10 bucks on slightly better value ram and invest that money in a slightly better PSU which would save a little money in the long run. But beyond that, I'd say go for it.

Seems like a good build overall yeah, you could save like 10 bucks on slightly better value ram and invest that money in a slightly better PSU which would save a little money in the long run. But beyond that, I'd say go for it.
Alrighty cool, thanks

So I got a problem with my laptop I already kind of know the solution too but im going to ask anyways
So my laptops battery isnt charging anymore and my laptop wont boot UNLESS I plug the charging cable in. Kind of like how your laptop operates when the cable is in but not out.
Anyways when I click on the battery icon it displays "not charging" and when I remove it it displays "battery removed". Wich basically means it can still detect if there is a battery present.
So the problem lies with the battery itself, right?
Does anyone know how to fix or do I need to order a new battery (because these are likea hunderd loving quids and I cant even order them from my country because medion is stuff and decided you can only order from germoney)

So I got a problem with my laptop I already kind of know the solution too but im going to ask anyways
So my laptops battery isnt charging anymore and my laptop wont boot UNLESS I plug the charging cable in. Kind of like how your laptop operates when the cable is in but not out.
Anyways when I click on the battery icon it displays "not charging" and when I remove it it displays "battery removed". Wich basically means it can still detect if there is a battery present.
So the problem lies with the battery itself, right?
Does anyone know how to fix or do I need to order a new battery (because these are likea hunderd loving quids and I cant even order them from my country because medion is stuff and decided you can only order from germoney)
You're gonna need a new battery, I've had the same problem on my old laptop

You're gonna need a new battery, I've had the same problem on my old laptop
Rip 114 euros
Tought I might ask first before I buy a new one

Apparently I get one free copy each of Windows 7 professional and Windows 8.1 professional along with my enrollment in my university. If anyone wants to use them for their build, I suppose I can supply it because I'm not going to be using it.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 05:48:18 PM by Ipquarx »

Any of you guys mind recommending me a new phone? I managed to fry the USB port on my Galaxy S4+ by handling it with wet hands, and right now I'm stuck on my old S3 with a cracked screen. I've been eyeing an S5 Neo since it has everything I want in a phone (SD card slot, replacable battery, off-screen navigation buttons, AMOLED display, also it's waterproof), but I'm a bit wary of Samsungs software because of how painfully slow my S4 was (my S3 legit feels faster) so it'd be cool if I could get some other suggestions.
Stuff I'm looking for:
- SD card slot (unless the phone has 32 gigs of storage or more)
- Off-screen navigation buttons, but might be able to get used to on-screen if the pickings are too slim
- 1080p screen (would like OLED, but sadly only Samsung seems to use it)
- No, or at least easily removable, bloatware. Either that or good Cyanogenmod support.
Max budget is about 3000SEK or $300-ish

that topic title change tho
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 07:19:33 PM by Lego lad »

(my S3 legit feels faster)

I have the 1.5ghz dual core version and with cyanogenmod it feels just as fast as my note 3's 2.3ghz quad core with the stock rom. S3 is def smoother scrolling through stuff though.

Any of you guys mind recommending me a new phone? I managed to fry the USB port on my Galaxy S4+ by handling it with wet hands, and right now I'm stuck on my old S3 with a cracked screen. I've been eyeing an S5 Neo since it has everything I want in a phone (SD card slot, replacable battery, off-screen navigation buttons, AMOLED display, also it's waterproof), but I'm a bit wary of Samsungs software because of how painfully slow my S4 was (my S3 legit feels faster) so it'd be cool if I could get some other suggestions.
Stuff I'm looking for:
- SD card slot (unless the phone has 32 gigs of storage or more)
- Off-screen navigation buttons, but might be able to get used to on-screen if the pickings are too slim
- 1080p screen (would like OLED, but sadly only Samsung seems to use it)
- No, or at least easily removable, bloatware. Either that or good Cyanogenmod support.
Max budget is about 3000SEK or $300-ish
I've heard the Moto G4 is a really nice and solid phone, the 16gb for $199 and the 32gb for $229
It also has 1080p screen, 1.5Ghz Octa-core processor, 2gb of ram, Adnroid 6.0 Marshmallow, 13MP camera on the back and 5MP on front, you can buy it completely unlocked so you can choose your own phone plan from any carrier, an SD card slot that can support up to an extra 128GB and etc

Pretty good phone, I wish I could have one myself but hearing from my friends who have one and the reviews and specs online, it seems really solid. It does have the on-screen buttons though