[MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments

Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1310651 times)

Oh
Partpicker didnt give me compatibility errors so I figured everyhing worked
Cool thanks

Ya

Plus 20 dollars more for a b250 is much better than 50+ for a cpu you'll only ever use once

It sounds like you're just reading the files off so the CPU isn't much of an issue. 

If you're setting up software raid which is the better option they look to have more RAM. I would strongly not recommend not to run Windows on this and use something like unRaid. I'm not saying go crazy but go for like 8GB .

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/XDFbD8
Went for a pentium instead of a celeron. Also 8 gigs now
It was like the same price

Also is there a motherboard that has like 10 sata ports or something
6 is enough but the case has room for 10. Or a way to expand it
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 11:04:56 AM by espio100 »

That case is like the go to for budget nas builds, I've never heard anything bad about it.  What drives are you thinking of using?

henlo yes bump

so i finally ordered a college laptop (the $1700 (tho with taxes its more like $2k) version of the dell xps 15) and it was SUPPOSED to arrive yesterday. but either the fedex delivery guy thought he might snag a nice laptop and signed for it himself or he left it at the wrong address and the people there were like h-haha yes this is ours. point is my dear laptop (which i was going to name archippos/Horse Master) was stolen from me before it even arrived at my house

but we called dell and they were like stuff son we'll ship you a replacement free of charge with express shipping. and we were like Thanks (except i wasn't there when they made the call, i was in a funeral, so hopefully we get one with the correct specs or i will be Mad). so now i get to eagerly anticipate the arrival of Horse Master #2

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/XDFbD8
Went for a pentium instead of a celeron. Also 8 gigs now
It was like the same price

Also is there a motherboard that has like 10 sata ports or something
6 is enough but the case has room for 10. Or a way to expand it
Keep your i5.

Feels good to have everything clean and rearranged properly

wtf is that case

that looks forgetin' neat

This tablet is really goddamn slow
Also rooting it makes things worst
But hey
At least it's better than the 4th gen iPod touch I had beforehand​
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 08:29:39 PM by 77x5ghost2 »

I mean you're on a tablet (by the looks of it, a low budget one) so there is no fixing speed unless you straight up buy a new one

I'm thinking of getting a new CPU soon. Would it be cheaper to get a ryzen or an i7?

I mean you're on a tablet (by the looks of it, a low budget one) so there is no fixing speed unless you straight up buy a new one
I got it for free and it still works fine for casual browsing and watching videos

I'm thinking of getting a new CPU soon. Would it be cheaper to get a ryzen or an i7?
If you're going for gaming, an i7 is good but if you're a heavy multi-tasker, render stuff all the time and etc, Ryzen would be good.

If it's strictly for gaming, just an i5 7700k / 6600k would work perfectly.