[MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments

Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1310898 times)

Get the most durable one lol

no that's not a solid state

no that's not a solid state
What about "This makes me hard"?

Seagate Ironwolf is the WD Red counterpart, i.e. N.A.S. drives. These usually run slower and last longer.

I'd personally take the WD, I haven't had any issues with them so far
I shucked one of their WD Reds from the Easystore 8TB in a computer that I use for network storage and I'm quite happy with it, I want to get another for redundancy at some point down the line

There's nothing wrong with second hand / used parts, if anything, they're better since way cheaper

I wouldn't particularly feel comfortable spending $350 on a cpu that is outperformed on the newer top end cpu's like the 8700k for $20 cheaper, aside from which you have no room to upgrade in the future if you were to continue using the socket

How much hentai do you figure I can fit on there? :thinking:

How much hentai do you figure I can fit on there? :thinking:

Based on my usage of that much storage, a lot

I wouldn't particularly feel comfortable spending $350 on a cpu that is outperformed on the newer top end cpu's like the 8700k for $20 cheaper, aside from which you have no room to upgrade in the future if you were to continue using the socket
that i7 doesn't go with 350 dollars lol

it's like 200 give or take on /r/hardwareswap or ebay if you're lucky, and performs within barely a few percent of an i7 7700k, and you don't need a 200 dollar motherboard and 200 dollar ram to go with it

that i7 doesn't go with 350 dollars lol

it's like 200 give or take on /r/hardwareswap or ebay if you're lucky, and performs within barely a few percent of an i7 7700k, and you don't need a 200 dollar motherboard and 200 dollar ram to go with it

If you wanted to buy a 4790k today, it doesn't appear that anyone is selling for less than $350.
r/hardwareswap posts selling the i7 4790k are at least a month old.
Also, what computer parts are you looking at? Most mid-range z270 boards are worth $100-150, and, unless you plan to get 16gb+, you aren't really spending more than $100.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 07:42:34 AM by Capella »

If you wanted to buy a 4790k today, it doesn't appear that anyone is selling for less than $350.
They go for arround 200-ish average on ebay
wait no they dont

it's like 200 give or take on /r/hardwareswap

r/hardwareswap posts selling the i7 4790k are at least a month old.
You're doing it wrong

On /r/hardwareswap, when you want to buy a specific part and all the other listings are too old or you don't like the prices, you make a [buying] post, asking for that part, your price, and your payment method.

Doing it that way, you can get an i7 4790k for 200 - 250, 350+ for that used processor is loving stupid, especially since it's still just as good as an i7 6700k or even 7700k. Aka, still fine for today and you don't need to upgrade the motherboard and ram along with it.

Finaly gon get rid of my ugly ass purple cooler lmao