[MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments

Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1286196 times)

HAHAHAHAHAHA thats funny, i have literally no idea how to make this picture tiny forum size.

HAHAHAHAHAHA thats funny, i have literally no idea how to make this picture tiny forum size.

[img width=][/img

Finally got around to taking good pictures of my system

is my system good enough for vr?

is my system good enough for vr?
below recommended min requirements but not by much, you should be able to play a fair amount of games without too many issues

below recommended min requirements but not by much, you should be able to play a fair amount of games without too many issues

yes

like for vive or oculus? i hear that oculus needs a slightly less beefy pc.

like for vive or oculus? i hear that oculus needs a slightly less beefy pc.
there's no practical difference in required performance by brand, only by resolution and framerate, and both the Vive & Occulus have a 2160x1080 display at 90hz.

there's no practical difference in required performance by brand, only by resolution and framerate, and both the Vive & Occulus have a 2160x1080 display at 90hz.

the vive compatibility tool says i can't run it, but the rift tool says i can. so there is obviously some difference.

vr is really intensive so headset manufacturers use different methods and tricks in their software to avoid jutter and latency. theres plenty of them but a prominent method is asynchronous reprojection, where instead of redrawing a new frame it just warps the previous frame, which takes less rendering power but at very low framerates or with sharp movements can look ugly. advanced stuff and algorithms but what I've heard is that Oculus's implementation for asynchronous reprojection seems to run/look smoother at lower framerates than Vive's implementation (take this with a grain of salt)

Download the SteamVR Performance Test https://store.steampowered.com/app/323910/SteamVR_Performance_Test/

instead of the tools checking your hardware, see if you can actually hit 90+ fps (otherwise you'll be vomiting all over) with the test, better indicator of what you need to upgrade, if you need to.

How to get more people to buy your VR headset over your competitors:

1) Make your system requirements lower than your competitors
2) ???
3) Profit

Download the SteamVR Performance Test https://store.steampowered.com/app/323910/SteamVR_Performance_Test/

instead of the tools checking your hardware, see if you can actually hit 90+ fps (otherwise you'll be vomiting all over) with the test, better indicator of what you need to upgrade, if you need to.

i really don't want to compromise my gpu from me loving up an oc