[MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments

Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1286197 times)

ey when you make the build, be sure to post some pics if you can

Also any reason for going with Osprey capture cards? Is it for the legacy input, software or what?

they make low profile cards, with digital, brown townog and legacy inputs

ey when you make the build, be sure to post some pics if you can

Also any reason for going with Osprey capture cards? Is it for the legacy input, software or what?
Osprey cards simply tick the most boxes compared to other capture cards I've looked at, and at a lower price.
Osprey 1285 - $1,990
✔ 4+ inputs or outputs
✔ 12G-SDI capability
✔ Bi-directionial
✔ Low profile
✔ Passively cooled
AJA Corvid 88 - $2,795
✔ 4+ inputs or outputs
X 12G-SDI capability
✔ Bi-directionial
✔ Low profile
✔ Passively cooled
Decklink Quad 2 / Decklink 8K Pro - $995/$645 - The Decklink 8K was announced in November 2017 with a slated release for January, spoke to a representative at NAB in April and they said the card was slated for release "this year" ... I've also had plenty of confusing moments where my Blackmagic cards just decided not to pass video
✔ 4+ inputs or outputs
X/✔ 12G-SDI capability
✔ Bi-directionial
X Low profile
X Passively cooled
✔ Runs loving hot
✔/X Actually available
Matrox DSX LE4 LP / X.mio3 12G - $3,000-$5,000
✔/X 4+ inputs or outputs
X/✔ 12G-SDI capability
✔/X Bi-directionial
✔/X Low profile
X Passively cooled
Any Bluefish444 Card - $2,000+
✔ 4+ inputs or outputs
X 12G-SDI capability
✔ Bi-directionial
✔ Low profile
X Passively cooled
Deltacast DELTA-12G-elp-h 1c / DELTA-3G-elp-d 8b - $????
✔ 4+ inputs or outputs
O/X 12G-SDI capability
✔ Bi-directionial
✔ Low profile
✔ Passively cooled
DekTec DTA-2184/DTA-2195/DTA-2179 - $5,000+ - I talked to a sales rep at NAB and they quoted the 2179 at a price of over $10,000.
✔/X/✔ 4+ inputs or outputs
O/✔/X 12G-SDI capability
✔/X/✔ Bi-directionial
✔/X/X Low profile
X/✔/X Passively cooled
Magewell Pro Capture SDI 4K Plus / Pro Capture Quad SDI - $899 - No reference inputs? The forget?
✔ 4+ inputs or outputs
O/X 12G-SDI capability
X Bi-directionial
✔/X Low profile
X Passively cooled
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 01:33:19 AM by DurkaDude »

hey guys, i want to do a little upgrade on my grandparent's computer to make it run a little smoother. it runs on windows 10. it runs on a 64-bit processor and 64-bit os. would a ram upgrade be enough to make it run better for them? it takes a minute to launch microsoft edge for them. it has 4gb and i hear windows 10 should be used with AT LEAST 4gb. what do you guys think?

this is their desktop: https://support.hp.com/my-en/document/c02878388

hey guys, i want to do a little upgrade on my grandparent's computer to make it run a little smoother. it runs on windows 10. it runs on a 64-bit processor and 64-bit os. would a ram upgrade be enough to make it run better for them? it takes a minute to launch microsoft edge for them. it has 4gb and i hear windows 10 should be used with AT LEAST 4gb. what do you guys think?

a full minute to launch edge sounds like a hell of a lot more than just bad ram. I have a feeling there are other issues.

a full minute to launch edge sounds like a hell of a lot more than just bad ram. I have a feeling there are other issues.

not bad ram, just a lack of free ram i think. nothing hardware-wise is wrong with the system. it's just bogged up by aging and windows 10.

so i was thinking about building a pc for playing games since i cant find a good prebuilt ones out there, my current budget is of 15.500 argentinian pesos (553 dollars, according to google), what are some good parts to buy with a budget like that?

so i was thinking about building a pc for playing games since i cant find a good prebuilt ones out there, my current budget is of 15.500 argentinian pesos (553 dollars, according to google), what are some good parts to buy with a budget like that?

what would you like to play?

it's sad, but there isn't much game in 550 dollars, the best bang for the buck you might get is a ryzen 3 2200g or ryzen 5 2400g system with integrated graphics.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gJvwYT

with some compromise you could perhaps get an entry level card like rx 560 or gtx 1050

I've used windows 10 desktops with only 4gb ram with a worse processor and it takes like a few seconds to launch and load edge

run malwarebytes / other antivirus programs and be sure the computer doesnt have stuff in the background, remove startup programs the pc doesn't need, and uninstall bloatware

replace the hdd with an ssd. ssds can boost the speed of systems surprisingly well because it can perform far more operations at once. in your example, loading microsoft edge would be far faster as the ssd can load the required files far faster for it.
just make sure you use a partition copier to copy the contents of the hdd to the ssd. (copying the contents manually won't work.) you could even leave the old hdd in for extra space.
alternatively you could even just reinstall windows all over again on the ssd instead of transferring everything, which has the chance of boosting speed. just make sure you still have the product key!