2013/02/04 - Blockland r1808

Author Topic: 2013/02/04 - Blockland r1808  (Read 133012 times)

Oh
Well I was on my ipad last night so I couldn't check whether my assumtion was actually true

Well maybe you shouldn't make assumptions.

Make a news update on the home page showing off the Speed Kart Game mode.
Yeah, kart racing is more attractive than sports.

Make a news update on the home page showing off the Speed Kart Game mode.
This has been suggested earlier, but unlike other people (idiots) i won't rub it in your face.

Well maybe you shouldn't make assumptions.
I was expecting the guy who made that part of jvs to know what he's doing

I don't know when this started, I just noticed it today - but when trying to play the Rampage Gamemode - Beta City never loads. The game starts and everything, I spawn. No Beta City. I've tried deleting GameMode_Rampage so the launcher redownloads it, but nothing. Here's a piece from my console log.

Code: [Select]
*** CREATING MISSION
*** Stage 1 create
136 environmental resource files found
Regenerating file manifest
Got 1097 items in manifest, 0 files hashed
Direct load Add-Ons/GameMode_Rampage/Map_Beta.bls, 3, , 2,
LOADING BRICKS: Add-Ons/GameMode_Rampage/Map_Beta.bls (ColorMethod 3)
Direct load Add-Ons/GameMode_Rampage/save.bls, 3, , 2,
LOADING BRICKS: Add-Ons/GameMode_Rampage/save.bls (ColorMethod 3)
Got connect request from IPX:00000000:000000000000:0
  lan name = Audax
Connection established
Connected successfully, killing other pending connections
AUTHCHECK: Audax = LAN client -> LAN server, loading
DEAR GOD WTF, startLoad
CADD: 7310 local
 +- bl_id = 999999
 +- no auto admin
*** New Mission
*** Phase 1: Download Datablocks & Targets
Received manifest and requested 814 blobs. (283 duplicates removed)
Got non-CURLE_OK result on a request, result was 3 'URL using bad/illegal format or missing URL'
 - Request was for ''
Got non-CURLE_OK result on a request, result was 3 'URL using bad/illegal format or missing URL'
 - Request was for ''
 - Request was for ''
 - Request was for ''
 - Request was for ''
 - Request was for ''
 - Request was for ''
 - Request was for ''
CDN Download finished
Could not locate sound file: Add-Ons/Gamemode_Rampage/godzillaWeaponHit.wav (download failed)
*** Phase 2: Download Ghost Objects
*** Phase 3: Mission Lighting
Mission lighting done
Audax spawned.
Flushing texture cache...

Is anyone else having this problem?

The game seems to do the last man standing thing if the respawn time is set to 0, not just -1. Would prefer a way to do instant respawn. Could use script to bump it up to 1 millisecond but that's just a workaround.

Badspot

• Administrator
The game seems to do the last man standing thing if the respawn time is set to 0, not just -1. Would prefer a way to do instant respawn. Could use script to bump it up to 1 millisecond but that's just a workaround.

Instant respawn leads to confusion because you're running around and then bam, instantly back at spawn with no clue what happened.  With a 1 second delay, you can at least figure out that you died and get your bearings before respawning. 

What is that white terrain for in the middle of the karting map?

Are we suppose to enable Modular terrain bricks in RTB?

Instant respawn leads to confusion because you're running around and then bam, instantly back at spawn with no clue what happened.  With a 1 second delay, you can at least figure out that you died and get your bearings before respawning. 
I'm making a climbing challenge as a game mode. From personal experience, a really frustrated player gets pissed off at even the shortest delay to getting back in the game. Plus, there's still the click to respawn thing, so it's as instant as the player chooses to make it.

My RTB doesn't work anymore.

A lot of people prefer the instant respawn. You should at least allow it as an option.