Author Topic: 2013/02/04 - Blockland r1808  (Read 132989 times)

Every single event? Umm...how about no? And how about Badspot fixes this crap?

Instead of saying how there's a one, how about someone explains how to freaking fix the stuff.

He just explained it to you.

Here's what most events looked like prior to the update.

"registerOutputEvent("Player", "addItem", "datablock ItemData", 1);"

Until now, that 1 didn't do anything at all. But now, since registerOutputEvent uses the last argument to decide if an event is admin-only, it sees a "1", which registers as "true".

If you keep up your stuffty attitude I'm not helping you.

The biggest add-on messed up by this is JVS.

He just explained it to you.

Here's what most events looked like prior to the update.

"registerOutputEvent("Player", "addItem", "datablock ItemData", 1);"

Until now, that 1 didn't do anything at all. But now, since registerOutputEvent uses the last argument to decide if an event is admin-only, it sees a "1", which registers as "true".

Replace Output with Input, and then you'll be right. :)

Well, is there a way to disable the admin only stuff so I don't have to edit every single event I have?

Replace Output with Input, and then you'll be right. :)
well yeah, I just decided to grab one at random and Event_AddItem showed up first.

Well, is there a way to disable the admin only stuff so I don't have to edit every single event I have?
In a word, no.

well yeah, I just decided to grab one at random and Event_AddItem showed up first.
In a word, no.
Well that's stupid. It should have been optional. Thanks Badspot for probably wasting my next 1-2 hours fixing events.

User was banned for this post
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 12:59:15 PM by Badspot »

The 1 on output events actually does something, "appendClient".

Well that's stupid. It should have been optional.
That makes the least bit of sense.
Thanks Badspot for probably wasting my next 1-2 hours fixing events.
Thank the add-on creators for adding an unneeded 1.

The 1 on output events actually does something, "appendClient".
That makes the least bit of sense.Thank the add-on creators for adding an unneeded 1.
It made sense, there should be a way to turn it on and off, or remove it. And so what if the add-on creators made a one? Doesn't change the fact that people have to waste their time fixing it.

It made sense, there should be a way to turn it on and off, or remove it. And so what if the add-on creators made a one? Doesn't change the fact that people have to waste their time fixing it.

No. It's entirely the add-on maker's fault.

Badspot should be able to add a feature to his game whether or not people decided to add a 1. It's not his fault.

You're wasting more time arguing than you would be fixing it.

Badspot

• Administrator
Well that's stupid. It should have been optional. Thanks Badspot for probably wasting my next 1-2 hours fixing events.

User was banned for this post

1-2 hours?  This shouldn't take you more than 1-2 minutes if you use a text editor that supports searching in files.  Also,
1. Don't use JVS.
2. Don't blame me for the mistakes of 3rd parties.
3. Go forget yourself.

You've heard it folks from the big man:

Don't use JVS.

Ontopic: So if I somehow manage to raise the vehicle limit it will start making people ghost all the time or something similar?

Don't use JVS.
Omg, you're all such kiss-ups... Before Badspot started stating how confusing and stuff JVS is everyone bowed down to Trader and called it a "god given" add-on. I don't disagree with Badspot, the add-on is not perfect, but I find Legacy Doors far to simple for my standards.