RTB Development

Author Topic: RTB Development  (Read 34366 times)

Your powers of deduction are impressive!
Well I hope that people can get around to it.

Gosh, me too! Like I just said! :)

Spends time on his projects?
Yeah, like working on 4.1, the updates here and there for the RTB hosting which I believe was supposed to be Lub's job anyways. Oh and the post where he said he would be fixing the mod reviewing thing this weekend.
I'm so sorry that my arguments are offensive to you.
No really, spend some time on something constructive.

It shocks me that Kalphiter hasn't been banned yet.

It shocks me that Kalphiter hasn't been banned yet.
He's not breaking any rules.

Do you plan on having time eventually?
Start realising that he has a life to live, just like you. He can't dictate when he'll have time. Lay off his back already!

have you finished those errands yet?

ERRANDS
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 05:45:47 AM by Big Brøther »

As for your serverInformation.cs alteration, %address doesn't have the IP: prefix so the change just causes the port to be included in the ip address.

This actually breaks some already functioning code.

I just looked at this and not only does Kalphiter's code break working functionality, but he's also missed legitimate places that require changing. Pretending to know what he's doing has only served to waste my time, as usual.

I'll make the correct changes today and push out an update along with a few other minor bug fixes.

I'll make the correct changes today and push out an update along with a few other minor bug fixes.
yay.

I just looked at this and not only does Kalphiter's code break working functionality, but he's also missed legitimate places that require changing. Pretending to know what he's doing has only served to waste my time, as usual.

It's almost been 2 and a half months since this bug first emerged.

Yes, I see that the first fix was incorrect because I misunderstood where the IP was being read from. It's actually quite hilarious that you think making a mistake makes me inferior, when my scripting skills are equal if not superior. Still, I shouldn't be the one who has to find the fix for you.

Based on what's going on right now, RTB should classify as an abandoned project and be managed by another person.

Yes, I see that the first fix was incorrect because I misunderstood where the IP was being read from. It's actually quite hilarious that you think making a mistake makes me inferior, when my scripting skills are equal if not superior. Still, I shouldn't be the one who has to find the fix for you.

Based on what's going on right now, RTB should classify as an abandoned project and be managed by another person.
How are you superior to his scripting skills if he corrected your mistake? Furthermore, when did he say you were inferior in that post?

If your scripting skills were superior, you would have been successful with Blockland Cloud or whatever project you think is a competitor. But you weren't. Ephialtes actually works in this field. You don't, you're a teenager and he is an adult with experience. Don't be so pretentious.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 01:06:01 PM by Big Brøther »

If your scripting skills were superior, you would have been successful with Blockland Cloud or whatever project you think is a competitor. But you weren't. Ephialtes actually works in this field. You don't, you're a teenager and he is an adult with experience. Don't be so pretentious.
Here's an extension of this logic:
Ephialtes hasn't yet updated the mod to fix 5 or so small changes. He's obviously incapable of supporting RTB.

No one needs your stuffty logic.

I don't understand how Big Brother's logic is stuff. He's got a statement that actually proves you wrong, you should actually try to defend rather than insult the post which Big Brother had made.

Kalphiter calm down and leave the thread. I clearly stated above I'll be releasing a patch for outstanding issues today. Subsequent posts of yours are going to be deleted.

Here's an extension of this logic:
Ephialtes hasn't yet updated the mod to fix 5 or so small changes. He's obviously incapable of supporting RTB.

Maybe that's because Ephialtes has been busy today and doesn't deem the issue a major one. Why don't you try maintaining a project as large and influential as RTB and see how that fares out for you? If it needs fixing, it will be fixed.

The bugs are in no way crippling. It does not mean that he is incapable of supporting something he created. Get off of your ego-driven high horse assuming that you have the right to tell somebody that they should or should not abandon their project or fork it over to somebody else. Do something productive with your time instead of telling somebody else what to do with theirs.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 01:15:16 PM by Big Brøther »

And it's been how many years of your hosting service lacking any sort of updates?