Author Topic: The Forgettable Dungeon: Early Access Release  (Read 343783 times)

oo neat

so it looks like spam m1 isn't going to be a viable strategy in the long run just because of different enemy types

It's funny to me the amount of people who tell me in person I need to switch engines once I tell them what engine I'm using lol.

Yes, let me redo years of work because everyone is using unity these days.

----

Progress on ice world, new monster:

Higher quality here: http://i.imgur.com/Cm029tL.gifv
I honestly don't really like the halfbrick ice texture.
I know that you wanted to make them feel like a pattern that's constant but it just feel's repetitive and make's me feel uneasy trying to focus on it.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 06:17:46 AM by dkar093 0 »

yeah i dont really like it either, it looks like wrapping paper. i don't know what else would work, though.

i don't know what else would work, though.
I think a simple pattern would do, no bright colors.

could just have more snow

or rocks under snow texture

I honestly don't really like the halfbrick ice texture.
I know that you wanted to make them feel like a pattern that's constant but it just feel's repetitive and make's me feel uneasy trying to focus on it.

Yeah now that you mention it I do get the slightly uneasy feeling, those textures still got a bit to go but I'm actually unsure if I'm even going to include the half bricks in that theme. I got a few other ideas I want to mess with.

----

Another new enemy, hides in his shell to block attacks. You can pick him up while he's hiding and throw him around.

can you pick him up and throw him in a pit?

can you pick him up and throw him in a pit?

Yes, and it is entertaining.

Edit: also other monsters can throw him at you, which is also pretty funny.

Yes, and it is entertaining.

Edit: also other monsters can throw him at you, which is also pretty funny.

how many hits does it take to kill him when he isn't hiding? and when he is hiding, when you hit him does he fly away like an item?

how many hits does it take to kill him when he isn't hiding? and when he is hiding, when you hit him does he fly away like an item?

Still undecided but he's meant to be more of a heavy enemy, more like a wall. He doesn't fly away, you have to treat him more like an obstacle.

----

Was messing around with varying speeds on animations and accidentally learned how to chicken dive.

i was asking that because just throwing him in a pit would be OP if they're like a miniboss

You should make a boss like that where you have to knock him into a pit of lava or something to damage him

Holy stuff, I just realized. This thread was created on my birthday. March 4th. yay

Holy stuff, I just realized. This thread was created on my birthday. March 4th. yay
happy birthday