The Forgettable Dungeon: Early Access Release

Author Topic: The Forgettable Dungeon: Early Access Release  (Read 345506 times)

Great ideas all around thanks for the suggestions.

Grid based homing attacks could be really cool for bosses, definitely have to try that out sometime down the line.

Did a first pass on false floor tiles for the ice world, pretty fun so far but most likely going to change a lot before the update.

Higher res: http://i.imgur.com/uesqqZG.gifv

In other news I finally got the mac, current plan is to ship the ice world update then start working on the mac port a bit.

I'm actually typing this message on the mac right now, it's going to take a lot to get used to but it's a nice machine.

While playing I discovered a small glitch, nothing game breaking but I guess neat. Whenever you bring a spider corpse down the ladder it will permanently have it's jumping emitter turned on until destroyed.

Also pumped for that update you got there mmmm.

The way they wobble make them look more like saucers, how does it compare to if it just oscillated in two directions?

I was going to donate for the kickstarter but I forgot to enable the 48 hour reminder.

Holy crap I didn't know there was a Hylian Shield in this game

rot I have a question
mac or windows
I apologise in advance

rot I have a question
mac or windows
[size=1p t]I apologise in advance[/size]
linux!!!

rot I have a question
mac or windows
I apologise in advance

Not sure if serious question or not but honestly I really enjoy working with all systems, they're all forgeted up unique in their own way.

Though I'll always prefer windows because I've spent the most time in it, so I'm able to get things working how I want quicker.

Holy crap I didn't know there was a Hylian Shield in this game

I might have to change the name of that out of fear.

I'm also debating doing a test sometime with active blocking, since right now shields are kind of useless. I think they just prevent a small amount of damage but that's pretty boring.

Copying a formula like zelda 1 could be interesting, each shield level can block certain types of attacks. Throw in an enemy or a way you can lose your shield and things get interesting.

----

Kind of a boring looking gif but this was super fun to make:

High res: http://i.imgur.com/zI697xh.gifv

Looks oddly jittery in gif form, but looks great at 60fps.

Always wanted to make this type of trap, I'm happy I got around to it finally.

Here's a pic of the hitboxes as well,

Things are progressing nicely I'm hoping to get the ice world out by the end of the month.

Been working on a bunch of backend stuff as well to make things easier to add content in the future.

Add a Spelunker mode like in 3D dot game heroes.

I think that the fire parts should not be effected by shading

yeah, they should be like the glow effect from bl

Add a Spelunker mode like in 3D dot game heroes.

I'm going to try and stick with one difficulty mode, but if the game turns out to be too easy for me I'm going to add a harder mode.

Yes, I will get right on it.

Edit: done

High res: http://i.imgur.com/13COeth.gifv

It's funny how just slight changes can make a world of difference.

I'm going to try and stick with one difficulty mode, but if the game turns out to be too easy for me I'm going to add a harder mode.
maybe like, more holes in the ground would appear quicker, more knights in one room, more of a chance for bad potions and scrolls, staffs explode quicker, meat gives less health, items are more rare, etc.

How about having them start at a different point in their rotation cycle? Not a huge deal, it just looks a bit geometric to me. Super pretty though, I like it a lot.