Author Topic: The Forgettable Dungeon: Early Access Release  (Read 344074 times)

what are you talking about "out dated", the 3ds has been more popular than the wii u always. and it's still very popular today. and i've seen minecraft rip offs get into the nintendo shop easily. and i personally think that nintendo would love this game, because it has a sort of legend of zelda spin off.
note the word "slowly." nintendo has pretty much cornered the mobile console field but its getting cut smaller and smaller by the increase in mobile devices and tablets, so although they dont have a lot of real direct competition the market size is decreasing and eventually the hardware on mobile devices/tablets + their extra functionality will fully cut out everyone but the hardest of fans.

note the word "slowly." nintendo has pretty much cornered the mobile console field but its getting cut smaller and smaller by the increase in mobile devices and tablets, so although they dont have a lot of real direct competition the market size is decreasing and eventually the hardware on mobile devices/tablets + their extra functionality will fully cut out everyone but the hardest of fans.
but you have to agree that nintendo will most likely love this game.

but you have to agree that nintendo will most likely love this game.
and you have to agree that porting it to any nintendo device is a non trivial task and would easily make this game not pay off its development costs

it may fit nintendo portable console layouts + other games themes well but thats not enough of a reason to go and develop for it when theres financial obligations to cover

Guys let's be real here, I'd port the game to a microwave if they threw enough money at me.

On a serious note, I'm personally really hoping that the 3ds stays alive as I'd love to eventually port the game to it. Especially since the touch interface would be perfect for drawing.

Sadly it's looking more like it'd be the switch if anything which is a bit of a bummer since it most likely lacks a touch screen.

Guys let's be real here, I'd port the game to a microwave if they threw enough money at me.

On a serious note, I'm personally really hoping that the 3ds stays alive as I'd love to eventually port the game to it. Especially since the touch interface would be perfect for drawing.

Sadly it's looking more like it'd be the switch if anything which is a bit of a bummer since it most likely lacks a touch screen.
What about the PSVita?
I'd love to see this game on the 3DS, a nice thing to play with my friends when they come over as well as something to occupy me for a bit on a long journey.

theres a rumor going around that switch has touch screen so maybe!!

I don't see why they would discontinue touch screens, so i'd say that the Switch would more than likely have one

« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 06:15:58 PM by Squidbee »

well as of now we don't know how the switch's eshop will work. as in support for indie games, so your best bet is the 3ds or wii u eshop.

well as of now we don't know how the switch's eshop will work. as in support for indie games, so your best bet is the 3ds or wii u eshop.
But they seem to really be focusing on 3rd party support so I wouldn't rule it out.

ya getting in through the switch is an excellent idea as the certification requirements tend to be a lot lower early in a console's life in order to encourage developers and make sure theres plenty of content to justify people to buy the console.

i think that would be an excellent idea as rotondo may be able to get by being forced to support certain features of the console hardware, lowering development costs. rotondo, if you get time, you really should apply for a dev kit from nintendo, if you think you have a chance.

ya getting in through the switch is an excellent idea as the certification requirements tend to be a lot lower early in a console's life in order to encourage developers and make sure theres plenty of content to justify people to buy the console.

i think that would be an excellent idea as rotondo may be able to get by being forced to support certain features of the console hardware, lowering development costs. rotondo, if you get time, you really should apply for a dev kit from nintendo, if you think you have a chance.
i think he really has a chance

And then we port Blockland to the Switch!