Author Topic: The Forgettable Dungeon: Early Access Release  (Read 341621 times)

Friends playing forgettable dungeon are shown to be playing nothing

It's an unreleased game so you can't see what they're playing unless you also own the game.

Perfect run.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6dbzHbSHHo&feature=youtu.be
Ended with this.

That's the intended behavior, but I'm debating whether or not to remove it.

On one hand it's really funny to have OP staffs, but on the other it kind of makes boss runs a bit too easy.

I feel like it'd be a cop out if the staffs did nothing at all to them though, perhaps it just takes a lot of hits for the effect.

I feel like it'd be a cop out if the staffs did nothing at all to them though, perhaps it just takes a lot of hits for the effect.

I dunno, I feel like staffs that can easily do things of that effect, like change the boss into a lesser mob or whatever, should instead do damage. It would kinda be similar to Maya's ability in Borderlands 2, where enemies such as bosses don't get affected by her paralyzing effect, and instead take an increased amount of damage from it.

And making the staffs just take a certain amount of hits to do their effect would kinda suck. Yeah, I could take this Ocarina, or Bow, etc etc. But why would I take any of those if I can just have this staff that will make any boss fight a cake walk? I understand that if you have an easier/better weapon to use, obviously you would use it. But I feel as if that would make it a bit too easy, boss fight wise.

tl;dr those staffs should do either damage against bosses, not take a certain amount of hits to take effect on bosses, or if they do, make it so that they are rarer

I haven't had a chance to turn a boss into food since my first fight with John, and I've played about four hours of Forgettable Dungeon. I'm not saying I'm an expert or anything, but I think that getting a good staff is already rare enough to justify keeping them as is.

conan how did you get a server to work? hamachi does nothing

Drug trafficking runs rampant in the forgettable dungeon....

conan how did you get a server to work? hamachi does nothing
i just hosted it lmao

i'm even on a college network so i wouldn't have expected port 28000 to be open for hosting in the first place

one thing i did notice though was that i couldn't host/nobody could connect if i was hosting a BL server at the same time. I guess you just can't have two games hosting on the same port at the same time, i guess.

I created a hoard of evil chickens.

http://justfilehosting.space/download.php?f=uxdth&name=2015-12-18_02-56-39.mp4

By the way Rotondo, before I try to go crazy on modding your not-even-completed game; what are your thoughts about modding the game in general? I'll keep out of it if you don't think you're going to want to support modding in the future.

I created a hoard of evil chickens.

http://justfilehosting.space/download.php?f=uxdth&name=2015-12-18_02-56-39.mp4

By the way Rotondo, before I try to go crazy on modding your not-even-completed game; what are your thoughts about modding the game in general? I'll keep out of it if you don't think you're going to want to support modding in the future.
Responding to me asking about custom maps/rooms.
Right now I'm unsure, since the engine is really open it's going to be wild west for a while.
Eventually I plan on adding proper modding support, but that probably won't come till after the game's full release.

What was the point of some of those stretch goals if modders would just end up making those things eventually anyway?

also, when we get to skeleton john, where it would normally say "SKELETON JOHN" is blank

and, sometimes the running down the corridor animation doesn't play in spectator mode, it just shows the room you were looking at and then the circle that closes in on the player is to the side
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 04:51:45 PM by hodot »

it's actually "skelton john"
cuz you know

yeah jokes

and when he's at low hp, he turns red. thus, making him red skelton.

rotondo has officially made a double pun, folks

this turned out to be my 3000th achievement on steam, cool