Author Topic: The Forgettable Dungeon: Early Access Release  (Read 341648 times)

What was the point of some of those stretch goals if modders would just end up making those things eventually anyway?

Well if I had to make a guess, the stretch goals are for things to be included on release. Yeah, the modding community would be able to add them in, but getting to a stretch goal for something (like Arena Mode) would be both supporting Rot and getting it somewhat sooner.

Again, that's just a guess.

So I showed this to a few people today. I made a really simple mod that makes the chickens more like Cuccos from The Legend of Zelda. If you attack them they will summon a swarm of cuccos from the sky that will deliver an agonizing death to you and your fellow dungeoneers. It has room for improvement, but I don't think I'm going to be doing much more with TFD at the moment.

http://leopard.hosting.pecon.us/download.php?f=eegdo&name=cucco.cs
Installation:
Place .cs file in your add-ons folder.
Do exec("add-ons/cucco.cs"); in the console after starting a server.
Invite players after executing, the server will likely kick players already connected.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 12:23:02 AM by Pecon »

What was the point of some of those stretch goals if modders would just end up making those things eventually anyway?

Not to sound roostery but integrated support will generally always be better, since I have access to the engine I can change what I need to for something to work 100%.

also, when we get to skeleton john, where it would normally say "SKELETON JOHN" is blank

and, sometimes the running down the corridor animation doesn't play in spectator mode, it just shows the room you were looking at and then the circle that closes in on the player is to the side

I just fixed this in my copy thanks for reporting it.

I created a hoard of evil chickens.

http://justfilehosting.space/download.php?f=uxdth&name=2015-12-18_02-56-39.mp4

By the way Rotondo, before I try to go crazy on modding your not-even-completed game; what are your thoughts about modding the game in general? I'll keep out of it if you don't think you're going to want to support modding in the future.

So I showed this to a few people today. I made a really simple mod that makes the chickens more like Cuccos from The Legend of Zelda. If you attack them they will summon a swarm of cuccos from the sky that will deliver an agonizing death to you and your fellow dungeoneers. It has room for improvement, but I don't think I'm going to be doing much more with TFD at the moment.

http://justfilehosting.space/download.php?f=eegdo&name=cucco.cs
Installation:
Place .cs file in your add-ons folder.
Do exec("add-ons/cucco.cs"); in the console after starting a server.
Invite players after executing, the server will likely kick players already connected.

That's really neat.

In a few versions I'm going to add a placeholder script folder just so people can easily pass around simple scripts.

But that won't be "officially" supported for a while.

In the long run I'm hoping to do steam workshop support for both mods and skins.

In a few versions I'm going to add a placeholder script folder just so people can easily pass around simple scripts.

But that won't be "officially" supported for a while.

In the long run I'm hoping to do steam workshop support for both mods and skins.
That's good to hear. I might come back to make some mods once that is done and some more information about how the game's code works in general is available, it's a bit tedious working with only what can be gleaned from traces and dumps.

Just completed one of my best runs so far, got to level 8

And then this red chest was pissing me off because I couldn't figure out how to open it, considering it seems to be indestructible.

you need a key for red chests.

but you can carry them to the next level if you don't find one!

a key always generates on the same level as a red chest; however, if its dropped into a pit, it will get destroyed. Same goes for the red chest.

Texture pack going nicely, and I found a rare player statue

Will we see themed map generation like "ROTMG"?

« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 02:22:01 AM by Emgiell »

Ah okay. I guess I probably destroyed the key without knowing what it was.

thanks dude.

also i love the boss intro music, gives me chills every time

I wish i had beta :^(
I also like the idea of themed maps

the intro animation for skeleton john is now slightly off with the music, and the music for transitioning between levels cuts off at a weird time