2013/03/11 - Blockland r1853

Author Topic: 2013/03/11 - Blockland r1853  (Read 115034 times)

can the bots "hear" things? if you fire a gun near them do they get suspicious?
Code: (bot_base.cs) [Select]
hHearing = 1;//If it hears a player it'll look in the direction of the sound

hAlertOtherBots = 1;//Alerts other bots when he sees a player, or gets attacked
I suppose they do?

Code: (bot_base.cs) [Select]
hHearing = 1;//If it hears a player it'll look in the direction of the sound

hAlertOtherBots = 1;//Alerts other bots when he sees a player, or gets attacked
I suppose they do?
Now to find out if they can hear the footsteps from the footstep mod...

Huzah! I've been awaiting this update.

I should of built something on the server (my bot healing thing) and maybe my build would of gotten a spotlight...
Oh well! Thanks for the update!
 :nes:

hSpazJump = 0;//Makes bot jump when the user their following is higher than them

I love the various options implemented.  This will be extremely useful.

I find that I can't use the Blockhead or the Horse hole, and I can't wrench the Zombie hole.  Upon hitting "send" the hole removes all events and respawns the zombie.

Choosing "respawn:  OFF" does not disallow respawning.  Also, "respawn time: 0" acts the same as a 1 second delay, rather than instantaneous.

Didn't look at the file, but I'm not sure if it was intended that the zombies can find players no matter where they are as long as they're in a minigame.  The zombie wasn't even visible and it ran at me once respawned, coming into view.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 03:26:06 PM by Jerkface »

Events not sending correctly sounds like it could be an Add-On related to events. I've heard of that happening constantly with outdated/broken event Add-Ons.

i'm ready to get my  :nes: on

Events not sending correctly sounds like it could be an Add-On related to events. I've heard of that happening constantly with outdated/broken event Add-Ons.
I'm getting this, too. I think it's an issue with drendran's event gui+.

How do I make bots stand up if I make them stay at their spawn?

Can these bots jet and follow players? And if so, how? I saw some of them jet on Badspot's server, and yes they were bots, not players.

Can these bots jet and follow players? And if so, how? I saw some of them jet on Badspot's server, and yes they were bots, not players.
They can jet if they're told to via their script, i made a Space Man bot that randomly jets

As for following players, someone made a follow player event in the Add-Ons forum

For jetting you can do onBotSpawn -> changeDataBlock -> standardPlayer or any playertype that has jets. If their datablock has jets enabled they will try and use them.

You can't make them follow players yet.

You can't make them follow players yet.
Are you talking about while jetting? We already have an event that allows the bots to follow players normally.

*explodes with happieness*

Is OnBotReachBrick triggered by the bot reaching the specified brick by said brick, or by the spawn brick for the bot?

Is OnBotReachBrick triggered by the bot reaching the specified brick by said brick, or by the spawn brick for the bot?
It does not have to be on the spawnbrick for it to work. So the spawn brick could have onbotspawn>gotobrick>brick1 and on brick1 you could have onbotreachbrick>gotobrick>brick2