Author Topic: EA CEO steps down  (Read 5989 times)

john ravioli will be missed

john ravioli will be missed
ravioli ravioli give me the formuoli

Riccitiello's departure letter noted that while the company has made progress in quality and digital products, its financial performance is tracking below set expectations.

Translation: he quit because EA was making good games and not enough money

« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 10:20:23 AM by Tudoreleuu »

Let's just hope this one listens to the buyers and people n' all those guys.

Riccitiello's departure letter noted that while the company has made progress in quality and digital products, its financial performance is tracking below set expectations.

Translation: he quit because EA was making good games and not enough money

it doesnt matter how good the games are if you dont profit from them
learn how to business

This is what I got when I searched Google Images for "reign of terror is over." I think it captures this situation pretty well.

I liked EA when they released and published good stuff like Command and Conquer The first Decade, Generals, Battlefield 1942 - 2, Sim City 4. I stopped buying from them after the balance issues with Command and Conquer 3 and there first incarnation of bullstuff drm. Command and Conquer 4 furthered that hate, also how Battlefield 1943 was a console exclusive, also how the Bad Company games looked like a step down from Battlefield 2. I almost forgave them with Battlefield 3, then all the sudden Origion. Also Generals 2 was renamed to Command and Conquer and made into a free to play game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rW6othtbdM

To anyone who doesn't hate him/know why you should hate him: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR6-u8OIJTE
To anyone who defends EA on the grounds that it's a company and companies make money: So is Valve, the go-to example of a not-stuffty game publisher.

it doesnt matter how good the games are if you dont profit from them
learn how to business
except all of his newer games are pieces of stuff made to suck up money
I liked EA when they released and published good stuff like Command and Conquer The first Decade, Generals, Battlefield 1942 - 2, Sim City 4. I stopped buying from them after the balance issues with Command and Conquer 3 and there first incarnation of bullstuff drm. Command and Conquer 4 furthered that ...
I dont remember any DRM for 3, I thought it was a quite good game. KW being a single campaigner kinda sucked tho.

To anyone who defends EA on the grounds that it's a company and companies make money: So is Valve, the go-to example of a not-stuffty game publisher.
EA has shareholders, Valve doesn't.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 12:23:48 AM by Filipe »

for everyone who keeps yelling dlc at their screen, it's only becquse they're called dlcs
hl2 did the same thing with ep1 and 2 and no one gave a stuff