A Hat in Time - 3D Collect-A-Thon Platformer - Available NOW!

Author Topic: A Hat in Time - 3D Collect-A-Thon Platformer - Available NOW!  (Read 20588 times)

never said that

I just hate the way any game on the wii looks.
This doesn't even make sense, that's like saying you hate how any game running on DirectX looks.  A game could look like anything on the Wii.
It's called an opinion, and I know you aren't used to them, but they are annoying sometimes.
Same here, starfish.  I think your opinion is a bit too broad and close-minded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpFmNC61DRY
Camera definitely needs work, but so far, considering it's an alpha build, the game looks and sounds great

I'm interested in this game but i have two concerns:

1. I have no idea if this will run good on my computer

2. I'm not sure how the beta access would work and be worth it.

Can anyone clear this up or do you guys not know either. I liked banjo kazooie (but basically stopped playing at the clanker part because I suck) and I would have loved to play Majora's mask and Wind Waker, so I am again really interested.

1. I have no idea if this will run good on my computer
Hardware requirements will most likely be revealed when it's ready to be put out to the public, since it's still in a pretty early state, i guess the devs aren't ready to reveal requirements, nor have they been able to test it on lower quality machines

2. I'm not sure how the beta access would work and be worth it.
That's a choice only you can make, it depends on whether or not you want to pay the money it's worth to play an unfinished build to just get a feel for things, even if i did have the money, i think i'd just wait for the full game so i don't get a feel for unfinished controls and then not be used to the game when the full release comes out

Can anyone clear this up or do you guys not know either. I liked banjo kazooie (but basically stopped playing at the clanker part because I suck) and I would have loved to play Majora's mask and Wind Waker, so I am again really interested.
So far it looks like it's got the whole 3D platformer feel of the N64 games like Super Mario 64 and Banjo Kazooie (which makes sense since the game was inspired by such games) but with a more modernized feel and look to it, similar to Wind Waker

If the game works out as planned, the veterans of the old 3D platformers should be able to quickly get a hold of this game's controls and how it works

Hardware requirements will most likely be revealed when it's ready to be put out to the public, since it's still in a pretty early state, i guess the devs aren't ready to reveal requirements, nor have they been able to test it on lower quality machines
I have an hp laptop from 2010/2011 than can usually run blockland with shaders just find, the binding of isaac of best graphics with no lag, and little problems with other games I have, like morrowind, minecraft, terraria, tf2, amnesia, etc. Do you think I would have any problems by guessing?

Also is there a controller for it/recommended controller?

Also is there a controller for it/recommended controller?
I figure Xbox controllers would work the best.

I figure Xbox controllers would work the best.
But don't you need to buy an adapter for that?

The PS3 controller i've been able to plug in and use a program to bind the controller's button to various keyboard keys

I have an hp laptop from 2010/2011 than can usually run blockland with shaders just find, the binding of isaac of best graphics with no lag, and little problems with other games I have, like morrowind, minecraft, terraria, tf2, amnesia, etc. Do you think I would have any problems by guessing?
If you can run games like Morrowind, Blockland, TF2 and Amnesia just fine, then this game should work alright

Bump, updated the goals picture in the OP again

New Game + has been achieved and Grant Kirkhope just might do a tune for a level! Next goals will add in the mumble voice option and the spaceship hub, the goal is currently at $175,000 as i type this

Also, a video's been added to the Kickstarter page of the peeps of farfromsubtle playing in the early stage of A Hat In Time, there's actually two videos for A Hat In Time on their channel so far
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etQFRH94NKw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAH0klKZNUQ

There's also a fancy picture that shows off visual representations of the donation rewards you can see on the side of the Kickstarter page

Does anyone else hate the way how so many games today have to ask for public funding before they can be completed?

Does anyone else hate the way how so many games today have to ask for public funding before they can be completed?
I guess that's how indie games work these days, someone's got a good idea for a game and they gather up a team, but they don't have the money to make a full fledged game that turns out just like they want

I see the reason for a Kickstarter here, they're working on a 3D platformer where you can explore quite a bit and there's a bunch of things to work on then just a bunch of pixels or something made on the Unity engine or something
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 01:28:45 PM by Masterlegodude »

I guess that's how indie games work these days, someone's got a good idea for a game and they gather up a team, but they don't have the money to make a full fledged game that turns out just like they want

I see the reason for a Kickstarter here, they're working on a 3D platformer where you can explore quite a bit and there's a bunch of things to work on then just a bunch of pixels or something made on the Unity engine or something
But what if someone just stars one of these kickstarters and then makes an awful game?

But what if someone just stars one of these kickstarters and then makes an awful game?
then that's the investors' problem.  Backing a Kickstarter project isn't a pre-order, it's an investment.  You need to determine if the game will be good yourself.

But don't you need to buy an adapter for that?

The PS3 controller i've been able to plug in and use a program to bind the controller's button to various keyboard keys

I own a wired xbox 360 controller, it needs no programs to bind keys and pretty much every game that has gamepad support works fine with no issues.

If it's wireless, yes you need an adapter.

I wish I had the money to back this kickstarter :(

then that's the investors' problem.  Backing a Kickstarter project isn't a pre-order, it's an investment.  You need to determine if the game will be good yourself.
Yes i know that it isn't a pre-order, but a lot of people who just want to play the game do. And it isn't really an investment since you don't get any percentage of the cash that the developers make unless you play the game and associate your time of enjoying the game as your reward for a good investment.