Author Topic: The origins of your name.  (Read 11837 times)

I though it'd be interesting to find the origins of peoples names, like why they decided to choose that name and how they got it, so here's me:

I started out as Bob20888 in my runescape days, i got Bob from immaturity and 20888 from my brithday 20th August after Runescape I became MrPickelnose which I got from a Slipknot mask because one of them has a rather long nose that looks like a pickle but I spelt Pickle wrong, I later dropped the nose part half way through my time on RTB so I was MrPickel but then someone told me I'd spelt it wrong so It changed to MrPickle and has been ever since.

(After Carzo I had random names so I will start with this)

I think the first character I named Carzo was in Oblivion.  He was just some random dark elf, I felt like playng through the game again.

I thought it sounded cool, so I used it in Blockland.  Then XboxLive.

And now it's stuck.

I used to play Sonic Adventure Battle 2 and I tried the dark side missions and I controlling Shadow, and i thought he was quite cool so I became |Shadow, but later on it became [ | Shadow | ] and then -=Shadow=-. But my forum name is still |Shadow =/

My name is Colten so I used that

When i played a horrible game called club pengun I was Mario Fan 10.  When I played Runescape there already was a Mario Fan 10 so i chjose Mario Fan 11.  So it stuck.

When i played a horrible game called club pengun I was Mario Fan 10.  When I played Runescape there already was a Mario Fan 10 so i chjose Mario Fan 11.  So it stuck.

Interesting choices in games...

I know.  I look back and regret playing them both.

I know.  I look back and regret playing them both.*logs into penguin club*

1 Decent word + Another decent word = Name
Sp_c_ + St_t__n = Spation

Would you like to buy a vowel?

I know.  I look back and regret playing them both.*logs into penguin club*

My life has been interesting when it comes to gaming.  The game club penguiin comes from my frined who found it The Mafia  (as you know on blockland)

Now here's a long one for ya:

My very first name on the interwebs was Videog133, but that was on some useless game site. I sometimes still use that name when I need a second identity.

Anywho, my "second" name was KirbylikesVid, which was the name I used on the first forum I ever joined, Animal Crossing Community (Yes, that was my first one, lol.) This name came from the fact that I liked Kirby at the time, (and still do lol) and Vid was the name of my Animal crossing town. So the name was good for that forum.

Eventually, I started going to other things, and I decided I needed a better name for the interwebs, that was moar universal. I then asked for help on a different forum, and someone came up with "KirbylikesIt". I decided to stick with that as a name for universal purposes, and to use other "sub-names" for certain places. In other words, things like "KirbylikesPoG" (Don't ask, lol.)

Here's a quote from that first forum on the origin of "KirbylikesVid":
Quote from:  KirbylikesVid's Profile on ACC
I'm sure you know Kirby, right? You know, pink dude, made by Nintendo? I like him, or is Kirby a her?
I'm proud (well, not exactly...) of my towns, both named Vid. I want Kirby to like my town. BAM! You understand, right?

And that's it. I hope I interested you for 5 minutes :P

My forum name is just how my brothers spell my name, my in-game name (Jam) was just from a bad typo when I was going for James and then I just never fixed it.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 09:03:15 AM by Jaymz »

Blockland was the first forum I signed up with the name of Skele. Every other place uses my old user name that i continue to use with everything still.

When I first started playing RTB, my name was originally CoolDude. This lasted for about 5 minutes until I figured out how to become a skeleton. I thought it was cool and changed my name to Skele. It's been the same ever since.

I started using this name back when I was like 5 and played on lego.com.
I just was saying random letters and Jsk to me sounded cool, I thought it sounded like Just Okay and stuff. Then like 2 years ago I found out it can also be the acronym of 3 of my favorite bands, Journey Styx Kansas