Author Topic: The origins of your name.  (Read 11863 times)

Lets see... I wanted to play AOE2 on MSN Zone(like 7 years ago) and I saw clan tags and decided I wanted one.(I didnt know they had to be acronyms at the time) And thus RKY was born. Ive used it in everything since.

Another fun fact: people never spell RKY right. I have no idea why. They usually say RHY for some reason or another. I also got the nickname Rick from it.

A lot of at my school call me Thirsty and don't even know my real name. It is a nickname a got from some girl when I played football. When I started to get good, people noticed me more. Whenever they would ask what my name was my teammates would tell them to call me Thirsty.

thats like this one kid at me school
his name is alex shoshigawa or something
everyone just calls him Soggy
and this one guy on the football team came from peru
the first word he learned in english was cheeze
so everyone calls him cheeze now

nicknames are weird when they stick like that

thats like this one kid at me school
his name is alex shoshigawa or something
everyone just calls him Soggy
and this one guy on the football team came from peru
the first word he learned in english was cheeze
so everyone calls him cheeze now

nicknames are weird when they stick like that
My friend won't stop calling me 'Elf'
Some teacher was taking attendance and mispronounced my name, said 'Elf' instead. -_-"
He's the only one that does it, and mostly everyone in gr.10 know my name, so I don't really care.

My name comes from a sh*tty band my sister used to like, I hated their music but I thought the name was so cool, my very first BL name ever was Generation X, I kept that for like the first 3 days I played Vanilla before adopting VH.

I started out as Nate9252 from Neopets. I soon joined a game called Subspace/Continuum and played under nate9252 for about half a year. Then one day my brother was getting ticked at not doing good, and I knew he could kill me, so I was gonna duel him. But I didnt want him to know it was me, so I decided to make a new screenname...something...Arab ian (Not rly lol) Thus Sampapa was born!

The name sounded cool.  :cookieMonster:

entrepreneur in's Rediculously Long Blockland Memoirs Part 1 of 2

THIS IS THE LONGEST POST I'VE EVER WRITTEN. I DON'T EXPECT ANYONE TO READ THIS, I MOSTLY WROTE IT FOR MYSELF.

Gather 'round youngins, papa entrepreneur in's got a story to tell. Not only the origin of my name, but my history on Blockland.

It all started in November, 2005...

Well, one fateful day, back when I was a highschool Freshman, on the bus, my friend told me about an online LEGO game called Blockland. I liked LEGO a lot, but not LEGO's games, they sucked ass and had no building, and I assumed Blockland was the same so I refused to download. Eventually, since my friend is a persistent ass, I downloaded. Little did I know that I just downloaded the greatest game I've ever played ever in the history of histories. Ever.

Me and my friend built solo for a while, on Vanilla, mostly stairs and noob houses, but eventually made the move to BLM, and made some awesome builds like the infamous black and green lopsided house and the space station that was for some reason built on the ground. Those were the great days.

Then came the better days. Eventually, a wise Prophet named Tails (capital T, mind you) connected to our server. He spoke of great things, like how to change your name from Blockhead, and where to download this 'RTB'. We were starting to see a lot of servers with [RTB] before their name, and we were getting curious. Before the big switch from BLM to RTB my friend had changed his name to Pwn4g3-Bu1ld3r, and I had changed my name to P1mp1n-Bu1ld3r, to match.

We booted up RTB, started a server, and our heads exploded. It was such a great improvement from BLM that it was too much for us to handle. We started messing with all the new stuff in our own server on RTB Isles. In short time we began to get a few people to join our server, and we all had a blast. Coincedentally, they were all new too, so we were messing around with the early version of the Editor Wand, trying to figure out its vast possiblities.

Eventually, I began to play Blockland more and more without my friend, and adopted a new name, entrepreneur in. We both dropped the '-Bu1ld3r' from our names because it looked weird because of the 'i' and 'l' being next to eachother, when both could be substituted for a '1'. Then came a time when my friend barely played at all, and then he just stopped. I persisted onward, becoming more known on servers, and getting better day after day with constant practice with the Editor Wand.

I then came down with a chronic cough that started because of my Acid Reflux. The chronic cough was a constant cough, and when I say constant, I mean constant, like, every 2 seconds I would cough. This prevented me from going to school, because it was annoying, and because we didn't know if it was contagious, and it took a while for the doctors to figure out what it is and how to stop it. Because of this, I ended up missing a little under half of my Freshman year.

The good news is that I got to play Blockland like crazy. My favorite server had been the [SS] server, which back then was awesome. [SS] was way more then than it is now, it had a lot of members, some really great people, and a 24/7 fully active server. To join [SS], you had to register on the forums, and you could apply to become Temp and Full Admin on their server once you got known enough, and I made the mistake of applying on my first day being there with the post:

"I would like to apply for a Server Admin or a Temp Admin position.
Admin experience: I have plenty of Admin experience as I run my own server. People say I am nice and I will not abuse the Admin priveleges. I think I can handle the job. :D"

and got denied. I began to post a little more, and frequent the servers, and then tried again with a second application:

"I would like to re-apply for a temp admin position. I run my own server sometimes so I have skills with knowing how to do everything an admin does. I read the admin rules (grounds for kick, grounds for ban) and I will keep the peace in the server. :D   -[SS]entrepreneur in"

That was made just a few days after my first application, so it was denied aswell.

The Admin applying thing was great, it was a good way to gain forum and server activity for any 'clan' (community), and it sure as hell worked for me. I was dead set on getting atleast Temp Admin. Then, along the way I made friends like Freaky, Homer Simpson, Jason, StoreClerk, Raid, and met all the awesome admins like WhoooMan, Dboops, Revolver, KINEX, BLINKZ, GMoney and Blaze. I then considered myself pretty well-known, and applied once again with this post:

"I would like to re-apply for a temp admin, as I have tried before and been denied.

-Admin Experience
  I know all the rules of being an admin on the [SS] Servers (grounds for kick and ban), and I am confident I can help with clearing spam and keeping the noobs under control as I am on the servers a buttload. I run my own server in the morning and I have not had many people who don't like the way I handle things. I believe me being an admin would help the server greatly :D"

I think I came when WhoooMan said:

"Congrats, your application has passed!

You are now a Temp. Admin. You should have updated permissions. If not, PM me or any other admin.

Once again, congrats! :D"

I was absolutely elated that I got to be a Temp Admin. I began to build more, with builds like Iron Fort and this improperly proportioned soccer field, those being my only screenshotted early RTB builds. I then became a very popular and reliable temp admin, but wasn't yet ready to apply for Full. At this point I had been playing Blockland for about 1-2 months.

I also began going to the [MotE] servers a lot, and Barnabas' too, especially. I became fascinated with [MotE], but they didn't want me in the clan at my current building status. This was [MotE] at it's finest point, with the current [MotE] nearly passing that point today. I made friends with Barnabas, Shadowed (Spation's brother), and Radical. Actually, not Radical, I think I hated him back then. I also became really good friends with Freaky. One of my big memories was building a truck with Barnabas, or rather, finishing the one he started. He either lacked time, patience, or passion to build it, I forgot, but all I remember is that we finished it together, it was great. Later followed an epic deathmatch.

My chronic cough was slowly getting better, and I was well enough to attend school, although I still had random attacks where the coughing was really violent, so I stayed home. At this point I had been playing Blockland and had been out of school for 3-4 months.

I then began going to Freaky's server along with the other [MotE] servers and the [SS] server still, and Freaky had involuntarily taught me the ways of the Mission Editor in F11, which I didn't really use much back then. Jack (Freaky) and I really did have some rgeat times back then, though. He was one of the three people I could do a teambuild with, because I wasn't such a perfectionist back then, the other people being Barnabas and Jake (Shadowed). We all had great builds, mostly deathmatches, together.

I then began finding other things to do at night, because Jack and Jake are British, and Barn lives in Hungary, so he they went to bed before I did. One of the places I went to a lot was again, the [SS] server, where I had some great memories and met some great people. I remember WhoooMan building an awesome movie theater which I made the sign for, and where I met Wizzard. He had made a hidden teleport under the staircase and I had used it to access his wonderfull floating paradise, which had later greatly inspired me in some other builds.

Then came the big update everyone was waiting for, the update that I couldn't figure out how to install. I had never patched a game before this, and actually, I had never extracted anything before this, so I quickly got frustrated after destroying many of my Blockland folders trying to install it. After much trial and error, I spoke with Barn, who told me of the wonderous magic of WinRaR, and explained to me how to install the patch. I remember doing it just as he said with still no avail, so I had gotten Mike to send me his entire Blockland folder over AIM, which worked great.

I remember there was a mover exploit then, where you could set a mover to 0 0 -e.99 or whatever, and put the speed on the highest, and you would be shot down into a black abyss and then shot back up, and you would be nameless and COMPLETELY invisible. I had used this to piss off and ruin many a server, and I always used it to mess with StoreClerk, when the inside joke "BAN entrepreneur IN HES BEIGN ILLEGLAI!!!" came from.

I eventually found a [USSR] server one day, and joined to see what it was, and how it ranked up against [MotE] and [SS]. I spawned in the server and was thrown right into the greatest build I had ever seen in my entire life. I knew right then and then I had to apply for them, so, I did and I got accepted.

So ends part 1 of 2, the first 5 months of my Blockland career.

Win, keep it coming. This makes me want to play RTB more, and more. :(

The ISDF main battle tank, the Saber/Sabre from Battlezone 2

I read all of that entrepreneur in, bought tears to my eyes.

Well, my freind got me interested in this Manga, called "Fruits Basket". One of the main characters was Yuki Sohma, Coincidentally the Extremely Good-Looking Nice, Smart [Perfect] guy in the Manga.
I liked the name, and the character's personality.

So i kept that name.