Author Topic: The origins of your name.  (Read 11662 times)

Wow you guys have a good memory, my story is uninteresting... I just misspelled return..

before i used the internet as much as i do now snot was my favorite word and i used mr.snotface on the first ever forums i joined in 2004, that year Devyl (if anyone remembers him, i think he was a mod on the old bl forums) posted about blockland on gtaforums.com so i downloaded and played on the map "Bedroom" with the other GTAFers.

i then shortened my name to snotface and joined the BL forums. TheBerk (TomFeni) made this game called toon something i think :S. and i released the maps for blockland as seen here

the first clan i ever joined was {army} but i dont really remember much of them. the second clan i joined was EUArmy leaded by Arkando Svinat (Mixmasta) the other members were Hellacopters, Pailabbygger (sp?), Bamse (now known as Scobby :D) and Magi-Prest

i then moved onto TBM which was evoled from Skizots mod which had stuff in it. TBM was made by MCP, Rob and Luquado then later Gobbles, ShadowZ, PLague and Pelouze. this is also where i met GORON! :D, CAZ! :D, MagicPants, Dontar, Speckz, Phatstreet, indy smiff, Andi, Darth Saur, RichardCQ, [RR]Will, MasterCE, anonamyst, KermMartian and Thermoman and then followed by Techhut which hated TBM but joined it for some rasin i forgot

TBM was also where i made the amazing SS GAMECUBE which was a gamecube i built then converted into a boat. then for some rasin i put wings on it to make it a boat/plane thing.

I then moved to RTB which was where i joined IM :D

[SCENE MISSING]

then TBM died and stuff and BL went retail and i posted about where i got my name in this topic and here i am now :D oh and i also shortened my name to snot during the TBM section :D

THE EDN
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 01:53:36 PM by snot2 »

First off I was Binxdog. I thought wasn't cool so I started playing Oblivion and Named my Guy Valenmere Because THat name pwns in midevilness. Then I started playing Blockland about 2 years ago And I went By Cool, Someone already had that name so I was Supercool on the forums. I was Cool for about a year and a half then I just got bored of it and changed to Valen short for Valenmere.    TAH DAH

I seen an advertisement for a watch.

@ wedge, i would never have gotten that you were named after wedge antilles! now i like you all the more for that :P
Lol! I completely forgot about this!

entrepreneur in needs to finish his :D

Mike, my Blockland name, is my real name, simple as that.

Roland is my real name, I couldn't think of anything else. (I have the same name on Blockland as I do in the forums)

BTW, for clarification I am [RR]Will.

I got my name after watching a Pepto Bismol ad. Then when I was building on my server I thought of a joke and printed the words "Pepto Bismark" and thats where my name came from. Also I like lemon filled Bismarks.

If you do a spell check with Bismol it comes up with Bismarck.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 08:50:03 AM by Bismark »

Awesome pics snot :D

Wish i had pics of back in RTB :(

I got my name from my nick name.
My sister always sayed, "Harry barry boodals, eats alot of Noodals" (Harry is my name)Noodals is my favourite XD).
Ever since then, she called me Boodals. I used it on Rune Scape and other games too.

Oh wow, where to start.

When I was seven, I saw an interesting documentary about people way back who protected themselves by making huge caves and living in them. I loved that, so I thought up the modern version of it (mostly just big tunnels connecting me and my friend's houses). Later on it expanded, to a whole city in my mind, every detail accounted for. Then I was thinking, what to name it? I thought up DiG, or Dig in Ground, and I thought it was funny (I was 7). Then I was thinking "What would the head, me, be called". No idea how, but I came up with Dig Master. Later on, in some forum, I forgot about the space, and I liked it (DigMaster). Then, when playing blockland, I forgot to capitalize it at all (digmaster). When I fixed it, I forgot the M (Digmaster). After I fixed that, I decided it looked gay, and changed it to Digmaster.

And the name stuck. Using it for 8 years now.

Oh god. I have a long history of this name.

I actually came up with this name when I was 5. My brother would call me it. When I first started playing blockland, I heard of "Peanut Butter Jelly Time" and named myself DaBanana (or Dancing Banana) for short in-game when I was 11. I used it as my BL0002 nickname, then when retail came out when I was 12 (almost 13) I decided DaBanana sounded kinda stupid, so I renamed myself Miga. I use this name every day, my brother still calls me it every day, almost everybody I know called me it.

Also, I didn't know Miga was a girl's name, but the girl's name pronounciation is "Mee-gah", when you pronounce my nickname "My-gah".

The only real place you can find Dabanana is in my email addresses: dabanana05-at-hotmail-dot-com, dabanana05-at-gmail-dot-com.

I feel bad now. Scott William Hollingsworth.

My mom came up with it as my very first screen name on AOL 5.0 and it's been that ever since. EVERYTHING I use is Swholli.