Author Topic: The origins of your name.  (Read 11838 times)

I read all of that entrepreneur in, bought tears to my eyes.
QFT

Same here. :(

Definetly the longest non-copypasta story I have ever heard on these forums, and in my humble opinion probably the best post on the entire forum as well.

Huh, go figure. I didn't really think anyone would read it, and if they did, they wouldn't like it or understand how awesome those times were. Those were my best Blockland days.

1,660 words btw.

I read all of entrepreneur s post. Needs to be made into an epic movie.

With monorails. IN SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ACCCCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Definetly the longest non-copypasta story I have ever heard on these forums, and in my humble opinion probably the best post on the entire forum as well.

Damn right.

AmIdoingthisright?

I'm not even sure I remember enough of my early days to make a post.

Until two summers ago the only server I had ever joined was Irk89's, in BLM, I left, unimpressed.

I started playing Blockland mods 1.6a sometime in my freshman year of highschool(lolhai entrepreneur in).  I actually found it while looking for TBM, which is the blockland mod some guys I knew were playing at the time(early 2005).  But I found BLM instead, anyways, me and my own friend started playing the game on the LAN during programming class(for those of you who only knew RTB deathmatch, I feel sorrt for you, BLM owned it so bad) and I learned F11 on accident, or maybe it was in the F1 menu, which I probably found by accident.

I used F11 to make edits of maps that had multiple spawns, with a pistol ON each one, so you wouldn't be completely unprepared during the fighting.

As we played, I took the lead in building, with my past experience with lego, along with the ability to build things out in my mind.  Over the summer I modded the BuildBox(<3) to have baseplates along the entire floor, and most of the bricks along one wall.  I began the Complex build, which was never finished(like many of my builds) but nontheless was better than most builds at the time, it had secret areas and vents and stuff(with no EW, lol).

Well, summer 2006 came, and I was bored beyond reason.  That summer I think I played RS, Conquer, Hero Online(after hearing about it from dUMBELLS here) and, in fact, found AoT, these forums, and RTB.

Technically I was thinking about blockland, and wanted to see if there were any updates, or an online community(I was fast becoming attached to a sense of community).  I searched, probably using the BLM name, and somehow AoT caught me before RTB, I would spend about two months playing AoT, becoming famous, and choosing the name Anti-Cop(thanks Insanerperson, you made a famous name), before I even downloaded RTB.

First day in RTB, I was like, LOL IRK89, so I joined.  Noone was there, but back then I didn't know anyone, so I didn't care.  I made a simple little house, tile floor, figured out how to get the wrench, and made a door mover.  I announced my success in chat, and someone came over and said "lol noob" or something like that.  I do not remember who it was.

Sometime around the point that I ventured to the Blockland section of the forums, someone freaked out at my apparent knowledge of blocklands past, and the fact that I actually knew what I was doing on the internet, so Off-Topic had a topic called "Anti-Cop" in it, which got to about 7 pages before dying, it's now pruned.  It was very entertaining.

The rate at which I mastered the EW isn't even worth talking about, it was disgusting, probably because I was out for summer, so I spent all my time on RTB getting to know the game and the players.  My first USSR experinece(MotE was in a recession by the time I got here, up until about a month or two ago I never really respected them as an active clan) was a "Build a castle" server, hosted by Wizzard, and with a little "Wizzards flag of approval" for good builds.  I didn't think much of it, but I remember some wierdo mexican guy building in there who kept arguing with someone to the point that some admin threatened them both with a ban.

I don't know when I first DMed in RTB, but I know that it was a letdown of epic proportions.  I also looked up AiO at some point, and that reminded me of a BLM that got off track somewhere.  When SFM came out I got it, I recall taking on 5 members and winning, and discovering a kindred DMer in Koden, who got 45 points to my 50 in one of those games.

I got into USSR in... September
http://www.blockland.us/smf/index.php?topic=8533
Link might not work... and .15 if not.   :cookieMonster:

In just under 4 months in the community, I had been let into USSR by entrepreneur in and Wedge.  Not that USSR had easy time ahead.  I may have missed a lot of the inside jokes, but I was around for the period of [USSR] Storeclerk and Kaphix, which was special.  I also recall putting on {USSR} which were the leader tags, on accident at first.

Facechild became active again after I had been in USSR a while(hell, it may have been after my second time applying) and seemed to like me well enough.  When Retail came out be begged me to get it and apply for USSR, I was a valued admin at that point.

As far as I know, I was the only USSR member during that time who was on good terms with Kaphix, Store, Ladios, and Face.  I'm not completely sure how that happened, probably had to do with AoT(lol chronicler).

Retail was a simple step for me, I had become one of the fircest critics, and proponents, of the EW as 0002 wound down in anticipation of Retail.  USSR cleared the memberlist, although I was offered entry withough an application, I built one anyway, when I finally got Retail that is.  I had been a builder of DMs in BLM, I had leared how to get a brick to do as much as possible, and Retail wasn't much different.  I was worthy of USSR within weeks.

I remember Keal, and melonhead, and a number of other interesting people who came and left since mid-2006.  And I am the only person left out of all the students at my school in blockland.

Why aren't there any cool DM servers recently?

Here comes the story ok gikon, and his long quest though TBM.

Long ago in the days of v0002, back in the years of 2005. A young player in the 7th grade was talking to his friend, of about all things, it was legos. They together looked for a game that was about legos, and after a week of Google and yahoo searching they found, BLOCKLAND!. They both downloaded and played the game together, and after a while one of them left, moved to another town. The one who left joined RTB, i myself played TBM. 3 months later in my first week of trying 'rtb' i meet my friend again, he went by a new name and was abit more of a jackass. but we play together day and night, well day anyways. After a while a fight broke them up and i went back to TBM. My freind went on to become a well known player in RTB, his name though shalt not be mentioned for i do not want to be flamed.

ok anywas. when i re-joined TBM i took apon the name, Battle_Koon. After a several months of playing TBM the year of 2006 appeared and TBM find it self by then banned from blockland. After the banishment of TBM i changed my name to "Gikon" and i had a epic battle with my friend in TBM. it ended with me leaving TBM and blockland over all, then i moved to gmod....

so that is how i got the name Gikon, meaning Lord of darkness.
I also forgot to mention that is how i meet my GF, my friends sister played TBM with me. And we're still family friends.

sorry if that made no sense!

I was born with this name.

I've been called Resonance_Cascade for as long as I've been playing Blockland.

For anyone who's played Half-Life, it's fairly apparent where my name originates.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Mesa_Research_Facility

My brother bought the original Half-Life pack which included Half-Life, Half-Life: Blue Shift, Ricochet, Deathmatch Classic, Opposing Forces and Team Fortress Classic.

When my brother created a Steam Account to activate the games, his usual username, Shootfast, was already taken. Resonance_Cascade, however, was not, and so he used that instead. I've been using it since then.

I've also been called other names, Crazy Scouter, Simononon and Shootfast, to name a few. Shootfast, as I said above, was my brothers usual username in communities in which he was a part of (particularly the 3dmm Bulletin Board), which he himself had stolen off of one of his friends.

Crazy Scouter originated in Counter Strike: Source, with the Scout being one of my best weapons.

Simononon is just an extended version of my name, Simon, made to sound like some form of Pokemon, which came from one of my friends.

erm i was roleplaying with some guy and i was tails and he was sonic

and we both stuck with the names. And that was in blm 4 or something
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 10:22:32 PM by tails »

my name has always been Radial543. If you see Radial543 on any other game (yes xbox live (360) is one of them) and alot of other games and fourms. I am never Radical, or Radial (with out the 543)

Rdaial543 means this: radial can be associted with 360 degrees, which can also be associated with knowing all around an object or program. the 543 part just rimes and makes it origional.

Erm, I was registering for DigitalMZX, and was trying to think of a name so that was the first thing that came to my head, it's now just stuck, and that's the name I use for most things, someone shortened it to GMP and now i'm called that.

All games Slugger2917, I got it from a one of my favirote baseball bat companies called Louiville Slugger. I added the 2917 because i like saying 2917.

Well, my first name was on runescape, it was jk10001 (I was young, just pressed random letters :D). Then my brother started calling himself Psyko Jannik, then I later on started calling my self Psygo.