Author Topic: The origins of your name.  (Read 11861 times)

i like to build and i like blockland so therefore BUILDER  :cookie: :cookie:

1 Decent word + Another decent word = Name
Sp_c_ + St_t__n = Spation

Would you like to buy a vowel?
SPACE STATION!!!

Anyhoo, my username is the same as the first one I ever got, which was on the Lego Club site. I was in second grade, and had just finished reading LotR, so I wanted to be Frodo. That didn't work, so I chose Frodo93 (1993 is the year I was born.), and that didn't work. Then I tried Frodo093, and it still didn't work. Finally, I used th suggest a name feature, and I got Frodo091. As you can see, it holds some sentimental value to me, and since Blockland is a building game, I thought it would be appropriate. I use it almost everywhere.

I got the name "Reactor Worker" from a really cool build I made in RTB. It was a thermonuclear reactor that engulfed the whole volcano on The Islands map.

It was gonna be temporary but the name was useful since people could remember it, most websites didn't have a Reactor Worker already in there user system and it was better than my last name.

Prior to that I was called "Colonel. Kentucky" and I dressed up my RTB character as the KFC guy. That was just for the lulz but no one seemed to care.

Back when I played Runescape, at 8 years old, I was named Faxman0 due to a mistype. (I tried to write Foxman0. Unimaginative, right?) When I got a back up account, I lent Faxman to a friend. (Faxman was really strong, among my friends, anyways) He lent it to HIS friend, who forgot the password. I guess I had it coming. Anyways, my backup was named Dr Fax, who was not really used, so I used my friend's account, named Robot3003.

So, this is around the time I quit Runescape, at 11 years old. Also, I started Blockland right about now... I started as Robo, a homage to Robot3003, and eventually got bored of my only-robot attire, and changed my name to the next best I could find.

After about 3 days of thinking, I got my name Bushido after the street-verb 'Bushido' that my friends and I use. The term 'Bushido' is used whenever someone totally owned someone else. It's NOW replaced by owned, but before I started BL, no-one knew what Owned meaned.

So, that's my name's story. Tl;dr, guys, screw off.

Sonic adventure 2 battle had me going with Shadow... I played neopets and named myself sadownheroes i had spelled shadow wrong and i got the N heroes part from sonic heroes

now i am Shadownhero

My first online name was Heroms.
I was downloading roms at the time and was going to play Gunbound I think with my friends, and so I was out of ideas, and just figured I would use Heroms. (He - roms)
After a long time of using Heroms, I was going to play Battlefield, and I came up with Partizan! Don't know why, just seemed right at the time, and have been using it ever since.
My real name is Slovenian though  :cookieMonster:

Wellll......... from forever ago my favorite movie was the Blues Brothers sooooo i thought Jake and Elwood=Jakewood! not the most amazing story but whatever

My name in Runescape was fatty snacks and I've been using it since.  Except I took out the space.

In other words, things like "KirbylikesPoG" (Don't ask, lol.)

Plane of Goofiness lol

I wonna know how Badspot got his =D

The first name I ever used was hatchgeeks. My parents created my first email address for me and I've kept that name and used it for several accounts on other.  I was about 9 or so, I shared the email with my brother, who was 6. You might still find our AOL member website, which my parents made, it has a picture of my brother as a cub scout. We actually still share that email.

Then I signed up for a runescape account about 3 years ago. I couldn't think of a good name and asked my brother for a suggestion. He said Wedge, as Wedge was one of the few minor characters from Star Wars who doesn't die. I tacked a 34 onto the end because I wasn't the first Wedge. I've also registered for a few other places as Wedge34, without even bothering to check if I was the first Wedge or not.

Eventually I purchased the Sims 2, and created an account for their content deliver system. I used Chris295654, a combination of my name and my old student ID. I've used the name to register for services I don't care about.

Now I'm here, still Wedge.

Some amusing things that have come from the name Wedge:
People posting pictures of door stops and cheese blocks and claiming they were my relatives.
People calling me a Star Wars nerd.
People combining my name with Mocheeze to make WedgeOfCheeze and other strange combinations.
Confusion of me with a retired member of centrachat.net staff.

The first name I ever used was hatchgeeks. My parents created my first email address for me and I've kept that name and used it for several accounts on other.  I was about 9 or so, I shared the email with my brother, who was 6. You might still find our AOL member website, which my parents made, it has a picture of my brother as a cub scout. We actually still share that email.

Then I signed up for a runescape account about 3 years ago. I couldn't think of a good name and asked my brother for a suggestion. He said Wedge, as Wedge was one of the few minor characters from Star Wars who doesn't die. I tacked a 34 onto the end because I wasn't the first Wedge. I've also registered for a few other places as Wedge34, without even bothering to check if I was the first Wedge or not.

Eventually I purchased the Sims 2, and created an account for their content deliver system. I used Chris295654, a combination of my name and my old student ID. I've used the name to register for services I don't care about.

Now I'm here, still Wedge.

Some amusing things that have come from the name Wedge:
People posting pictures of door stops and cheese blocks and claiming they were my relatives.
People calling me a Star Wars nerd.
People combining my name with Mocheeze to make WedgeOfCheeze and other strange combinations.
Confusion of me with a retired member of centrachat.net staff.

I laughed :D

I googled Badspot to try and see if there was anywhere that Badspot could of got his name form and found this http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Badspot&defid=2593054

I googled Badspot to try and see if there was anywhere that Badspot could of got his name form and found this http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Badspot&defid=2593054
lol, but hows he tribal

lol, but hows he tribal

ololrus

in a story i have made, one of the main characters was named kian, and thusly i decided to use the name for almost every videogame i had, but when i went to play starwars galaxies, the name kian was taken.
i then saw my pokemon ruby/saphire guide on the ground open to the page about latios and latias. there i decided to take the name latios and change the T to a D and in my story now, kian also changes his name to ladios when he has to go into hiding at one point
also for a breif period of time in RTB my character was named reb because they had the hair face decal that when combined with the robe and cloak, looked exactly like a lego minifig i had used that i would name reb.
and @ wedge, i would never have gotten that you were named after wedge antilles! now i like you all the more for that :P

and stealing off of the funny things about wedge's name that he posted:
the first person ever to shorten my name to "lad" i was during SWG.. i had a huge argument with him about it
almost everyone has at one point made the "ladies" joke and though it rather witty
by changing my name to 3lockhead i almost got into USSR until they found out it was me
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 11:52:41 AM by ladios »