Author Topic: Setro BLID 34992 Admitting to DDoS'ing my server  (Read 8586 times)

Okay, so I've loving had it with these attacks on my server the past three nights. The owner of the hosting service I use has had to block 2-3 IPs due to attacks over the past week. I'm not sure if Setro's making a bad joke or not, but he sounded pretty serious about it in the chats below. He just admitted to my admin, Racerboy that "someone in his house" attacked my server and tried to shut it down. On top of that, he was chatting with his buddy, Ark5, about DDoS'ing for about 20 minutes straight before the attack. My server had around 55 players in it, then suddenly these unusual packet drops started occurring. People started complaining about the unusual lag, and it became so bad, I lost around 20 players. The chats are below, but I'd really like to get to the bottom of this soon because the server attacks are become more and more frequent.

Enjoy!

Oops, here's the 2nd pic:

Damn, whoever DDoSed should get there ass kicked or something.
Hope your server can handle the DDoSing.

Hope your server can handle the DDoSing.

Didn't seem like it.

Didn't the guys who did this to Glass's server get revoked?

Didn't the guys who did this to Glass's server get revoked?
Yes, attacking servers gets people revoked.

You have no sufficient proof that I was ddosing the server due to this text right here.
I was the only one lagging at a time, and I got blamed due to that?
with his buddy, Ark5
Just as stated, no proof. I said someone in my house, that does not exactly mean me.
And also I do not like the permanent ban without warning and without sufficient proof.

Ddos-ing is illegal and can can get you put into prison for about 10 years if it does some damage, im not saying it did alot of damage, but it was annoying.

You have no sufficient proof that I was ddosing the server due to this text right here.
I was the only one lagging at a time, and I got blamed due to that? Just as stated, no proof. I said someone in my house, that does not exactly mean me.
And also I do not like the permanent ban without warning and without sufficient proof.
why would they have to warn you for suspecting you of attacking their server? especially when you go on to say something shady like that over irc?

Well theres your problem

I'm sorry if I caused any trouble with the joke or anything else, but I did not expect this at all.

I'm sorry if I caused any trouble with the joke or anything else, but I did not expect this at all.

What joke?

You don't expect to be stuff on after testing your lag switch or whatever the forget it is, yeah right kid, forget off.