Xbox One Backflip - Microsoft Ditches the DRM [Confirmed]

Author Topic: Xbox One Backflip - Microsoft Ditches the DRM [Confirmed]  (Read 8062 times)

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/microsoft-to-pull-complete-reversal-on-xbox-one-dr/1100-4673/

Good luck getting on the site, but we're assuming it's true as the guy reporting is EXTREMELY trusted.

For the people that can't access the site:

EDIT: http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 03:56:57 PM by Freeze »

Still not buying one.

Xbox might actually have a chance

I'd rather it did - without competition there's no reason for either PS4 or Xbox One to get better.

After hearing this I might persuade my dad to get one :>

There's still Xbox Gold, so i'm still more fond of the PS4. Seems to be a better value.

the people have not won just because they are changing a few things.
gamers need to complete the protest by not buying one regardless.
buy an xbox4 next time around, fine. but you gotta stay strong and let it fail. lesson wont truly be learned till they take losses.

I'd rather it did - without competition there's no reason for either PS4 or Xbox One to get better.
Wii U, PC.

Although i do agree, if the competition goes down, the quality is next to follow. This is exactly what happened in Soviet Union when the government owned everything, competition was nonexistent and basically there was a monopoly for each type of product; the quality went down significantly.

the people have not won just because they are changing a few things.
gamers need to complete the protest by not buying one regardless.
buy an xbox4 next time around, fine. but you gotta stay strong and let it fail. lesson wont truly be learned till they take losses.
Its really annoying how companies try to slowly abuse their fans for money. You can clearly notice with companies like EA, they had something like this planned a long time ago. Day 1 DLC isn't even something that's generally looked down upon anymore.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 03:23:20 PM by Tonkka² »

Wii U, PC.
Eh, they're different beasts. Xbox and PlayStation are the two companies that will rival each other the most.

EDIT: This generation at least*
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 03:28:41 PM by Freeze »

just because it is now backwards compatible means that I might get the xbox- oh nvm its still 500 dollars

if ps4 and wii were left over. nintendo would trive for hardcore gamers and make better hardware then.

if ps4 and pc were left. sony would have ungodly hardware upgrades and find ways to compete with the price anyways.

the world dosnt need the xboxs lol

if for some reason all consoles sucked, then a new company would enter the ring where money is seen to be easily made over the competitors.

this is how the world works
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 03:27:07 PM by Bisjac »

Eh, they're different beasts. Xbox and PlayStation are the two companies that will rival each other the most.
Well i guess you could say that, especially with the last generation Wii, it was a completely different species. PC is also a very "not so good" competitor since pretty much every PC game nowadays is a crappy port. (e.g. GTA games in the past and today).

just because it is now backwards compatible means that I might get the xbox- oh nvm its still 500 dollars
where does it say it's backwards compatible?

plus why are we being told its a trusted source? sounds like a very very easy marketing campaign on behalf of xbox as well. its easy to leak news or pretend to.
catch a million or so reserves. i bet they got that just now lol

Xbox just updated their website.

'Update on June 19, 2013: As a result of feedback from the Xbox community, we have changed certain policies for Xbox One reflected in this blog. Some of this information is no longer accurate — please check here for the latest.'

The link is broken due to overload at the moment though.

plus why are we being told its a trusted source? sounds like a very very easy marketing campaign on behalf of xbox as well. its easy to leak news or pretend to.
catch a million or so reserves. i bet they got that just now lol
When I said trusted reporting I mean the guy who actually made the article, if that's what you're referring to.