Author Topic: TITANIC (Latest update pg. 38. Current as of 13 Mar 15)  (Read 82181 times)

Here's my next big update:

Time for an RMS update!

My biggest accomplishment today was correcting the height and front-to-back length of the second funnel. A special thanks goes to Dimitry for making the height-altering process more efficient (as I duplicated and lowered parts of the funnel, Dimitry inserted new bricks at the bottom of the funnel piece so that I could directly place it in the new location):

When the server next goes up, I will replace the brick ladder seen here with the custom ladders that Demian made for this build.

The four funnels on this build were originally of identical heights and all significantly taller than they should be. The second funnel has been cured of this problem, but there are still three more to go. The first funnel was demolished so that the second funnel can be used as a template for it (albeit lowered, but more on that once all of the funnels have been fixed), but the last two funnels are both still too tall.

The state of the funnels brings us to the current overall progress image of the build so far (notice that the first funnel has begun its improvement):
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 11:39:46 PM by RMS Gigantic »

Time for an RMS update!

My biggest accomplishment today was correcting the height and front-to-back length of the second funnel. A special thanks goes to Dimitry for making the height-altering process more efficient (as I duplicated and lowered parts of the funnel, Dimitry inserted new bricks at the bottom of the funnel piece so that I could directly place it in the new location):
-snip-
When the server next goes up, I will replace the brick ladder seen here with the custom ladders that Demian made for this build.

The four funnels on this build were originally of identical heights and all significantly taller than they should be. The second funnel has been cured of this problem, but there are still three more to go. The first funnel was demolished so that the second funnel can be used as a template for it (albeit lowered, but more on that once all of the funnels have been fixed), but the last two funnels are both still too tall.

The state of the funnels brings us to the current overall progress image of the build so far (notice that the first funnel has begun its improvement):
-snip-

And I "Helped"!

I started "restoring" the forecastle. There's still much more to do.

While Bones adjusted the forecastle, I fixed the first and third funnel heights, and used Demian's ladders to upgrade the front of all three (I didn't take pictures of the latter). Now only the fourth funnel needs to be changed, and the red marking in the picture below shows how tall the fourth funnel will be. See if you can notice the difference in funnel heights across the four!

« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 12:47:13 AM by RMS Gigantic »

It appears that each funnel seems to tilt backward by a couple degrees more than the previous one. Was that to allow smoother flow of the exhaust from the funnels?

It appears that each funnel seems to tilt backward by a couple degrees more than the previous one. Was that to allow smoother flow of the exhaust from the funnels?

p sure that's the angle fooling you

This. Is. Amazingly. Awesomely. Epicly. Great. 1000000000000000000000000000/10

It's just an illusion.

The funnel angles are the same, but the heights are all different for a more efficient exhaust flow over them.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 01:03:03 AM by RMS Gigantic »

bones4 and RMS,
over the past 8 years you have shown courage, Bravery, honor, valor, and sacrifice in the production of this outstanding build.
your willingness to devote a large portion of your time to something as magnificent as this has earned you a highly valued award.
on behalf of Badspot, Ephialtes, Me, and the entire Blockland Community i award you the Medal of Honor, and The Badge Of Quality x10.

(i meant for that to be a lot longer but i ran out of stuff to say)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 08:20:58 PM by GhostStar »

I haven't seen a build as magnificent as this.
This is just packed with immense detail in every room on this ship, I am in disbelief that this is even possible to make within 4 days on Blockland.

I am in disbelief that this is even possible to make within 4 days on Blockland.
me too. total disbelief.

I've been overhauling the details and brick usage in this area with the help of Dimitry. We also plugged some holes and finished some eyesores.

It's looking cleaner.