Grand Theft Auto Megathread - OP 3.0

Poll

What is your favorite Grand Theft Auto game?

GTA 1
17 (2.5%)
GTA 2
4 (0.6%)
GTA III
12 (1.8%)
GTA VC
23 (3.4%)
GTA SA
133 (19.4%)
GTA LCS
4 (0.6%)
GTA VCS
1 (0.1%)
GTA IV
69 (10.1%)
GTA TBOGT
6 (0.9%)
GTA TLAD
1 (0.1%)
GTA CW
6 (0.9%)
GTA V
409 (59.7%)

Total Members Voted: 682

Author Topic: Grand Theft Auto Megathread - OP 3.0  (Read 599537 times)

I have those what do I do next apart from drive around
all me and nonnel were doing was driving around

get some mods and goof around

I've gone around policing the games a bit, finding users who are openly harassing others and killing them until they leave the area or the server entirely.

anyone else do this

I've gone around policing the games a bit, finding users who are openly harassing others and killing them until they leave the area or the server entirely.

anyone else do this

no, but i would gladly patrol with you, lol.

get some mods and goof around
gta 4 mods don't work well in multiplayer if at all.

gta 4 mods don't work well in multiplayer if at all.

never really had that problem.

should i get gta 5 for pc or far cry 4 for pc?
If you have the money, go with both. Get FC4 than save money and get GTA5 when it come comes out for pc.

I'm very glad we can all trust in Rockstar to be reliable and stick to their words.

"The requirements list will be out next week."

Very nicely played, Rockstar. For a second, I almost thought you cared.

EDIT: FUN FACT!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/271590

They replaced "Early 2015" with "Coming Soon".

This bodes soooo well.

well y'know

it isn't like they want to make it stuff

because if they do people will yell and scream

well y'know

it isn't like they want to make it stuff

because if they do people will yell and scream
I know, and I'm sure the game will be released to the best of their ability.

The problem is the same problem that EA and all other publishers share. PR. Their PR has been almost completely targeted at the console gamers (their perceived highest market share), and so they've done jack all to actually calm down people like me who don't want to pay full retail price for a 2/3 year old game.

I'm not going to preorder this game anyway, but if I'm going to buy it within the first week, I need some kind of reassurance from Rockstar that I'm not wasting my time. I don't want that information within 2 weeks of the game's release (when the hype train is at its strongest, and its hard to see real facts), I want it as soon as it's available.

If they fired their PR department and replaced them with competent individuals who are able to actually address the entire audience instead of only the people who already own the game, I might be less pessimistic. Fact of the matter right now, though, is that Rockstar's actions are not inspiring confidence.

Remember; they cancelled the entire port of Red Dead Redemption because they lost all the files, since Rockstar can't backup for stuff. They are also responsible for the ports of Bully and GTA IV, some of the worse in my Steam library. I'm not a Max Payne fan, so for me personally, my faith in the company relies a lot on this port.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 02:07:09 AM by McJob »

aw man i really wish i had a good rig so i could run gta 4 and play all those gta v mods that are probably on it now

did they release the requirements yet

from all these sites saying it's leaked it looks like I just barely have the recommended specs, it's like watch dogs but I don't trust them fully until it's been confirmed that rockstar released them
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 03:25:55 AM by Maxwell. »

did they release the requirements yet

from all these sites saying it's leaked it looks like I just barely have the recommended specs, it's like watch dogs but I don't trust them fully until it's been confirmed that rockstar released them
Rockstar hasn't released the requirements yet. The sites that say they have are just posting specs that were guessed by Game-Debate a long time ago.

One of us will probably post as soon as they appear.