Poll

What is your favorite Grand Theft Auto game?

GTA 1
17 (2.5%)
GTA 2
4 (0.6%)
GTA III
12 (1.8%)
GTA VC
23 (3.4%)
GTA SA
133 (19.4%)
GTA LCS
4 (0.6%)
GTA VCS
1 (0.1%)
GTA IV
69 (10.1%)
GTA TBOGT
6 (0.9%)
GTA TLAD
1 (0.1%)
GTA CW
6 (0.9%)
GTA V
409 (59.7%)

Total Members Voted: 682

Author Topic: Grand Theft Auto Megathread - OP 3.0  (Read 607340 times)

Please don't take offence, but I think that's mental, and not in a good way.
The thing is, I don't usually buy games full price, so the once in a blue moon that I do for a game that I've been looking forward doesn't really effect me much. I get where you're coming from with the fact that its $60 for a year old game, but honestly I'd probably pay $60 for RDR on PC. :/

An official statement has been released by R*. Check the website.

I'll tl;dr it for you:
PC is being held back for 5 more months.

Rockstar obviously favors best console race. Console race best!!!!!!

joking
i was about to get uber pissed off until i saw the joking bit.

but honestly I'd probably pay $60 for RDR on PC. :/
I think RDR is a special case, since they utterly destroyed all of their files on that, and it's been a fairly substantial time. I'd pay $60 for a PC version of that.

But something that's getting re-released a year later right after other re-releases (the Xbox One and PS4 versions), which doesn't include any new content (there's a video editor, but that shouldn't cost $20+ by itself...)? Now that's shifty.

I think RDR is a special case, since they utterly destroyed all of their files on that, and it's been a fairly substantial time. I'd pay $60 for a PC version of that.

But something that's getting re-released a year later right after other re-releases (the Xbox One and PS4 versions), which doesn't include any new content (there's a video editor, but that shouldn't cost $20+ by itself...)? Now that's shifty.
Like I said, I get where you're coming from. Rockstar enjoys loving PC gamers up the ass, but then again they make pretty solid games. I can't see the price being dropped too soon after release, which is why purchasing it at $60 is probably worth it.

Please don't take offence, but I think that's mental, and not in a good way.
Now state your reasoning.

It is not a years old re-release for pc, It is a game I've been hearing great things about for years that I want to play.

Along with continued updates of the online part, I see no problem in paying £40 or whatever the price may be.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 09:13:41 AM by tails »

I hope they release the list of cheat codes so people dont have to discover them again
Took a long enough time to find most of them on the initial release, and I want to blow Los Santos up with helicopters ffs

I had a weird dream last night about.. GTA 4? Basicly it was after ending the story a gang of 4 guys on a red sedan starts to follow you around a couple of times and they were though to kill, without the game announcing them or anything, once niko killed them he called for Roman saying something like "Cousin, we finally did it, we're finally done!" Then Roman asks for Niko to look at a TV, every single channel showed the same thing, a geneticly modified monster that was jailed next to the central park escaped and the only way to kill it is to fill him a giant basket full of bombs, so for some reason niko went to the park and did that, I'm not loving around that was my dream
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 06:28:56 AM by Filipe »

Now state your reasoning.
The second rerelease (third release) for a game now 1 year old that originally cost $120 (and still does). The game is going to be on Steam (competitive market + digital, so no disc production costs), and PC (no console license fees).

I refuse to pay any more than I think the game is worth. I already made that mistake with both Halo: Reach and Assassin's Creed III. It's not happening again. Nor will I preorder until I am absolutely sure this port works.

I'm sounding like a richardhead, but I've been waiting for this for a long time, and it's been nothing but disappointing since.

The second rerelease (third release) for a game now 1 year old that originally cost $120 (and still does). The game is going to be on Steam (competitive market + digital, so no disc production costs), and PC (no console license fees).

I refuse to pay any more than I think the game is worth. I already made that mistake with both Halo: Reach and Assassin's Creed III. It's not happening again. Nor will I preorder until I am absolutely sure this port works.

I'm sounding like a richardhead, but I've been waiting for this for a long time, and it's been nothing but disappointing since.

Then stop bitching over the fact you live in a country where it's ludicrously expensive to buy anything.  Being a negative nancy to others based on the cost of the game and your thoughts that Rockstar isn't trying their best to not fail as bad as they did with GTA IV on PC

it's not even released and you're already calling it disappointing

I'm just happy to know they're working on it and aren't richards like ubisoft

I'm just happy to know they're working on it and aren't richards like ubisoft
At least Ubisoft has the ability to launch their games on PC at the same time as console.

And don't talk about bad optimisation. I'm well aware that Ubisoft Kiev, responsible for most PC ports are lazy, incompetent and handicapped. At least they still adhere to timelines.

Then stop bitching over the fact you live in a country where it's ludicrously expensive to buy anything.  Being a negative nancy to others based on the cost of the game and your thoughts that Rockstar isn't trying their best to not fail as bad as they did with GTA IV on PC
I'm sorry that my personal opinion is having an effect on your life. I'll make sure in future that I never harm you again with me describing why I'm not happy about Rockstar's handling of this situation. I wasn't aware that you can only post 100% happy opinions on these forums, and that anybody with an ounce of criticism is full of stuff and should be kicked out as soon as possible.

At least Ubisoft has the ability to launch their games on PC at the same time as console.

And don't talk about bad optimisation. I'm well aware that Ubisoft Kiev, responsible for most PC ports are lazy, incompetent and handicapped. At least they still adhere to timelines.
I'm sorry that my personal opinion is having an effect on your life. I'll make sure in future that I never harm you again with me describing why I'm not happy about Rockstar's handling of this situation. I wasn't aware that you can only post 100% happy opinions on these forums, and that anybody with an ounce of criticism is full of stuff and should be kicked out as soon as possible.
its not what you're bitching about
it's how much you're bitching about it.

Uh, Have you missed the last few years?

Assassins creed 2:
PS3, Xbox 360
NA November 17, 2009
Microsoft Windows
NA March 9, 2010

AC3
PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360
NA October 30, 2012
Microsoft Windows
NA November 20, 2012

I for one wish every pc port was rushed and terrible, Developers love unpaid overtime and rushing to meet deadlines.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad."
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 06:21:44 PM by tails »

Uh, Have you missed the last few years?
I was trying to stay specific to the recent releases. Do you honestly think I wasn't on forums bitching about the release times of those games' PC versions too? Relatively, I'm actually being a lot mature yhan the stuff I was being while waiting for those ones.

I for one wish every pc port was rushed and terrible, Developers love unpaid overtime and rushing to meet deadlines.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad."
I for one wish that every publisher who has millions to throw at marketing would instead use that cash in order to fund better development, instead of trying to hype stuff to stuff.

You're assuming more time while make any port good. If the porting team is stuff, it doesn't matter how much time you throw at them.

I'm not going to trust them with a large scale open-sandbox because they managed to get a 1st Person Linear shooter "mostly" right.

McJob can you make your own thread and rant there, thanks