Grand Theft Auto Megathread - OP 3.0

Poll

What is your favorite Grand Theft Auto game?

GTA 1
17 (2.5%)
GTA 2
4 (0.6%)
GTA III
12 (1.8%)
GTA VC
23 (3.4%)
GTA SA
133 (19.4%)
GTA LCS
4 (0.6%)
GTA VCS
1 (0.1%)
GTA IV
69 (10.1%)
GTA TBOGT
6 (0.9%)
GTA TLAD
1 (0.1%)
GTA CW
6 (0.9%)
GTA V
409 (59.7%)

Total Members Voted: 682

Author Topic: Grand Theft Auto Megathread - OP 3.0  (Read 599635 times)

so ive redeemed my free christmas outfits
will i be able to wear them after january?
You're supposed to have them permanently, but there was some weird bug where a good handful of people lost all the Christmas stuff last year.  I was one of them hahaha.  Apparently you could submit a ticket, but I cbf tbh.

so ive redeemed my free christmas outfits
will i be able to wear them after january?
Yes, so long as you've redeemed those items. Same goes for the Fireworks launcher; you can redeem and replenish ammo while the holiday season is active, but once it ends the weapon will remain in your inventory but you won't be able to buy ammo for it.

Merry Christmas from Mental Oriental.

Updated my Skyline/Retro Custom (BEFORE STEVE JACKED MY IDEA) to match the movie;

It's not 100% perfect, but it's much closer now.

Also bought some more cars; this'll be the last batch as I've run out of garage space.

LAMPADATI TROPOS RALLYE
VAPID SANDKING XL
KARIN RUSTY REBEL

Thanks, and just checking, by redeem, I meant going to a clothes shop and buying all of them (for free).
I also saved the outfits just to be safe:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=822671521

Also, how do I retrieve my pictures that I've taken ingame? As when I try to access 'my photos' from the Snapmatic, it says 'no pc photos matching your search criteria.'
I don't have the Steam version of the game also.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 04:49:18 PM by JumboMuffin »

Also, how do I retrieve my pictures that I've taken ingame? As when I try to access 'my photos' from the Snapmatic, it says 'no pc photos matching your search criteria.'
When you take a photo and upload it, it gets saved to

Code: [Select]
C:\Users\<UserName>\Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA V\Profiles\<YourProfileName>Note that "YourProfileName" is generally a random set of characters. Try each of the folders you see.

The files you want are labelled PGTA followed by a random set of numbers. Add the extension ".jpg" to the end of the file name, and then open the file in InfranView. Save the file as a new PNG file, and you can then upload that to imgur (the GTA photo file format is weird and only works in certain programs like InfranView).

The photos are at 960x536-24 Bit, so they're nowhere near as high quality as Steam screenshots. I would recommend that instead of this long process, get something like Fraps or GeForce Share/Shadowplay (which lets you take screenshots).

-images of said car parachuting-

i love this car
That's so cool.
Also reminds me of the latest fast & furious.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 07:21:42 PM by lordician »

i love this car
It's good as a gimmick; as a practical vehicle? Useless thanks to the shoddy handling, poor acceleration and the fact that you can get much faster, more sturdy Muscle/Sports cars for a much lower price WITH all of the mods.

I don't think there's a single way anybody could justify the $5M asking price, PLUS the cost of the Vehicle Warehouse.

Saw this KOS list on /vg/, it's pretty accurate
>French/Brazilian/Russian/Chinese players
>Gang/Military/Mafia/MC/Reddit crew players
>Beggars
>Squeakers
>Anyone who leaves their microphone on without speaking (produces static)
>Anyone wearing all-black operator gear and/or driving an all-black car
>Anyone wearing a Rebreather
>Anyone wearing a Pogo mask
>Anyone wearing a Doom mask (specifically black)
>Anyone wearing a Skeletal mask (unironically)
>Anyone wearing a police uniform (unironically)
>Anyone resembling an urban hood/stoner
>Anyone wearing a fedora/pork-pie/top-hat
>Anyone bearing a face tattoo
>Anyone with solid sclera (red, black, white, etc.)
>Anyone driving an obscenely-colored car that does not fit any notable references
>Anyone driving a gold-plated/chrome-plated vehicle
>Anyone driving a Zentorno/Penetrator/Nero/Futo/Blista Compact (those not officially approved by GTAG)
>Anyone driving a Roosevelt Valor (regular is fine)
>Anyone driving a Shotaro (with mudguards and/or Tron suit)
>Anyone driving an RE-7B/X80/Tyrus (outside of races only)
>Anyone driving a Kuruma (armoured)
>Anyone driving an Insurgent
>Anyone driving a Ruiner 2000
>Anyone driving an Armored Boxville (2+ players only)
>Anyone driving a Turreted Limo (2+ players only)
>Anyone operating a Valkyrie (2+ players only)
>Anyone operating a Savage (low-flying only)
>Anyone operating a Hydra/Lazer (Approach with caution once airborne)
>Anyone who uses pink/gold weapon skins
>Anyone who uses 'luxury' weapon skins (Regular Sniper Rifle, Advanced Rifle, and Pistol .50 exempt)
>Any non-friend or non-member with a red blip
>Any player heading toward you in reverse
>Any group of players heading toward you in a convoy
>All players with marijuana-related names
>Anyone with a minimum of four X's in their name
>Anyone performing TT (heavily-populated public lobbies only)
>Players citing the Kill-on-Sight list in-game

I'd personally add the people who have white characters with dreads and anyone who is full body tattoo'd and shirtless.

new car out

is old comet
edit:
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 08:22:22 PM by gebenuwell »

rooster, I was too busy playing with my Comet Retro Custom that geben beat me to the punch.

rocket voltic tho. it replaced ruiner as my favorite. drives great on its own, and to top it off, its a perfect getaway if you have even a slight incline.

basically, i dont use it as a speed boost but rather as a flying car.

rocket voltic tho. it replaced ruiner as my favorite. drives great on its own, and to top it off, its a perfect getaway if you have even a slight incline.

basically, i dont use it as a speed boost but rather as a flying car.
How good is it for ramming? Could it smash another car into a wall so hard that it explodes?

How good is it for ramming? Could it smash another car into a wall so hard that it explodes?
in the right conditions. either way, is perfect escape car. outruns a bicycle for shure

when you hit someting while boost, your boost stop at its current progress. it drains down during boost really fast, but it can get inerrupted so you still have some charge left.

me n my friends play this game where we take our rocket voltics and we have one chase the other, ramp flying style.

i have trained myself in the art of rocket voltic liftoff. theres a spot on the map that gets you on top of the stadium which acts as a port to a certain distance in a full circle.

i have avoided five star wanted levels due to sheer area hopping with any sort of incline.

this thing could not be more favorite than already favorite. rocket voltic is best car. fly to maze bank. fly to beach. fly to north. fly to moon.

rocket voltic sumo is also good but takes some time to setup if you pick a high spot. cargobob could not be any slower.

overall rocket voltic is best car. its favorite car. mcjooble has nothing on the rocket voltic. when i use it i feel like im dimension hopping. one moment youre at the beach and then the next youre in the air, simulating flight through interdimensional warp plane, and then landing is a completely different spot, as though i am jumping through planes of the universe.