Grand Theft Auto Megathread - OP 3.0

Poll

What is your favorite Grand Theft Auto game?

GTA 1
17 (2.5%)
GTA 2
4 (0.6%)
GTA III
12 (1.8%)
GTA VC
23 (3.4%)
GTA SA
133 (19.4%)
GTA LCS
4 (0.6%)
GTA VCS
1 (0.1%)
GTA IV
69 (10.1%)
GTA TBOGT
6 (0.9%)
GTA TLAD
1 (0.1%)
GTA CW
6 (0.9%)
GTA V
409 (59.7%)

Total Members Voted: 682

Author Topic: Grand Theft Auto Megathread - OP 3.0  (Read 598684 times)

openiv is back online
Quote from: OpenIV blogpost
In order to qualify all of the questions we had received during past weeks, we make some explanations:
Unfortunately, we were unable to answer those questions earlier due to real life (yeah we have some).
The community
First of all, we want to say “Thank you” to everyone who supported us in this tough situation. We’re very grateful for your support; for demonstration of the fact, that modding community is still a minority, but very vocal, creative and determined minority. You made the impossible and this story is already scribed into the history of PC gaming and the Internet itself.
Yes, this is your victory! Congratulations and many thanks once again!
OpenIV and modding
The development of OpenIV will be continued as before. OpenIV never supported GTA Online modding and will not support it in the future. Our work will be continued within the Rockstar modding policy.
Liberty City in Grand Theft Auto V
Unfortunately, our highly anticipated mod “Liberty City in GTA V” will not be released because it clearly contradicts with Rockstar modding policy. Liberty City mod is a big loss for us, since it was a huge part of our motivation to push OpenIV functionality.
If you are wondering what is next, well, we are currently revising our plans for the future.
Sincerely,
OpenIV Team.
http://openiv.com/?p=1331
This suprised me really.
But it good to see it's back.
Now if Take Two would actually Take Two on their steps to prevent actual online modding, that would take me two a greater level of enthusiasm.
I probably tried to hard with my jokes there.

bump, so I don't play GTA Online in a while and I've seen that they included new types of missions and stuff, are there any updated guides to get money faster in the game depending on the type of mission to do? I'm sick of grinding only heist missions, and if you guys have any tips please share.

once you have finished all the heists you should be able to afford CEO
in which case crate missions are pretty good cash
if you want help let me know on steam (you'll want 2+ people to sell crates)

ceo offices were really cheap way back in june probably to set people up for gunrunning

once you have finished all the heists you should be able to afford CEO
in which case crate missions are pretty good cash
if you want help let me know on steam (you'll want 2+ people to sell crates)
Oh neat sure man, I'm still on the Prison Heist one, still coudn't find a decent crew to finish it with me.

Yeah after heists (or if you have enough to do the following), get yourself a CEO office and a warehouse.
From there on, do that stuff and buy a vehicle warehouse.
Then work towards bunker (i think that is good money, not sure) if you want some fun goodies and some extra cash generation on the side.
Of course, any purchases to the side of this are fine, as long as you have fun right?
Though, they will make your way to the high costing stuff even looooonger, which sucks.

Though, they will make your way to the high costing stuff even looooonger, which sucks.
Why is that?

Oh neat sure man, I'm still on the Prison Heist one, still coudn't find a decent crew to finish it with me.
i'd be down whenever
if we get a group of 4 to do all the heists in a row, there's even more cash
people keep bailing on me right at the end :I

Why is that?
depending on what you buy, it won't speed up making money
ie buying a yacht won't help make money, but will cost a ton
buying a buzzard might help though

Why is that?
You're spending money that is needed for investments! :P
With higher costing stuff i mostly meant the stuff needed like the CEO office, warehouses and bunker.
Or other useful vehicles for example the buzzard like phflack mentioned.
Buzzards are useful CEO investments since you can spawn them anywhere using CEO abilities and they are fast and strong in missions.

the armored karuma is probably one of the better investments if you need a car
it goes pretty fast and is fairly indestructible

Rocket bike is literally the best stuff for being evasive. It's also very fun to use. Furthermore, if you own a bike club you can spawn it instantly.

Downside has to be the stuff machine guns they gave it. I mean, they can be upgraded to the homing rockets, but one, it has limit ammo count, and two, the upgrade can take a long time to get if you don't get the research done in the bunker. You have to hope that the research picks the homing rockets.

On the topic of research, it's really, really, really loving stupid to have something like that. It takes 3 hours to complete one research item. Like seriously, I'm not going to be playing freeroam for 3 hours straight. There's not much to do in freeroam anymore that can keep my interest for 3 hours. And that's for only one research item too. GTA VO has become another cookie clicker for me. I'm just waiting around and idling most of  the time just to get some stuffty magazine upgrade. I wouldn't be so miffed about this research system if it would allow you to pick which research item you get.

I know I can fast track that bullstuff, but I've already done my fair share of grinding for the things that I want/need. Idling around/chilling is more entertaining and less I-want-to-kill-myself than repetitively doing grinds.

Also, for future reference, research takes 2 hours 55 minutes, manufacturing takes 11 hours 40 minutes, and, when assigning staff to both, the research takes 5 hours 55 minutes and the manufacturing takes 23 hours 20 minutes.

Rocket bike is literally the best stuff for being evasive. It's also very fun to use. Furthermore, if you own a bike club you can spawn it instantly.

Downside has to be the stuff machine guns they gave it. I mean, they can be upgraded to the homing rockets, but one, it has limit ammo count, and two, the upgrade can take a long time to get if you don't get the research done in the bunker. You have to hope that the research picks the homing rockets.

On the topic of research, it's really, really, really loving stupid to have something like that. It takes 3 hours to complete one research item. Like seriously, I'm not going to be playing freeroam for 3 hours straight. There's not much to do in freeroam anymore that can keep my interest for 3 hours. And that's for only one research item too. GTA VO has become another cookie clicker for me. I'm just waiting around and idling most of  the time just to get some stuffty magazine upgrade. I wouldn't be so miffed about this research system if it would allow you to pick which research item you get.

I know I can fast track that bullstuff, but I've already done my fair share of grinding for the things that I want/need. Idling around/chilling is more entertaining and less I-want-to-kill-myself than repetitively doing grinds.

Also, for future reference, research takes 2 hours 55 minutes, manufacturing takes 11 hours 40 minutes, and, when assigning staff to both, the research takes 5 hours 55 minutes and the manufacturing takes 23 hours 20 minutes.
if you need stuff to do while you wait for your bunker, why not do your motorcycle club/ceo stuff? that's what I do. And your bunker will research/produce stock while in a private lobby, you just can't use the laptop to get more supplies or sell. what that means is you can load up a private server with a couple buddies and run motorcycle club contracts or vip missions for a while. you make good money from the contracts/vip stuff, and when your bunker needs supplies just pop into a public server real quick, buy the supplies with the money you got from contracts then go back into a private and repeat. Best way to do the bunker stuff in my opinion

keeping in mind the bunker pays out about 1 million on full stock with all upgrades, with 250,000 possible bonus for a full server. if you have full stock you MUST have at least 3 people with you, as deliveries can happen in 2 phantom wedge semi's, 3 insergents, and I think 2 buggies but that may for lower amounts. if the sale amount to the opposite side of the map is less that 300k then you have a good chance of getting only one vehicle needed for delivery, which is nice if you find yourself in an empty server and need a quick 200k
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 09:35:07 PM by superslayer »

if you need stuff to do while you wait for your bunker, why not do your motorcycle club/ceo stuff? that's what I do. And your bunker will research/produce stock while in a private lobby, you just can't use the laptop to get more supplies or sell. what that means is you can load up a private server with a couple buddies and run motorcycle club contracts or vip missions for a while. you make good money from the contracts/vip stuff, and when your bunker needs supplies just pop into a public server real quick, buy the supplies with the money you got from contracts then go back into a private and repeat. Best way to do the bunker stuff in my opinion
Yeah this is the grind I was talking about. I don't think I'll give the bunker a shot. I never knew it paid 1 million and after doing the math it pays out more than grinding VIP and biker work. However, it still isn't justified enough for me to wait for manufacturing for twelve hours considering I can't even wait the three hours for research. This game is just really boring now.

Yeah this is the grind I was talking about. I don't think I'll give the bunker a shot. I never knew it paid 1 million and after doing the math it pays out more than grinding VIP and biker work. However, it still isn't justified enough for me to wait for manufacturing for twelve hours considering I can't even wait the three hours for research. This game is just really boring now.
the bunker is something you let run in the background while you perform other missions in free roam. even if you're just killing time by going on a murder spree, it becomes worth it because your bunker is generating stock the whole time. if its not your thing its not your thing, but unless you want to do heists or adversary modes there really isn't another way to make money. If you have a CEO office and a warehouse/vehicle warehouse then its absolutely worth it. You make several hundred grand doing CEO stuff and then you get a mil from emptying your bunker. Its an investiment that takes time to pay off but it does pay off. I have most of the gunrunning vehicles and weapons bought, and let me tell you the APC is a must own

which turreted vehicles can you store in a personal garage?
and can the rocket bike be stored in the garage as well?