HamHost Dedicated Blockland servers | New poll: More free-user features?

Poll

What should happen to the price of HamHost?

Make it completely free. All features of the web control panel will br available for everybody.
Keep it free/premium, but give half of the features to free users.
Continue making more (web) control panel features for premium users, and occasionally make one for unpaid clients.
Keep adding more control panel features for premium users, but add none for free clients.
Make HamHost paid-only.

Author Topic: HamHost Dedicated Blockland servers | New poll: More free-user features?  (Read 101171 times)

I don't think I have the time to do it. I'm sure someone will be able to make your service tits up. You don't have the professions Lub and Ephialtes does. This is going to go tits up like your past fail attempts. #Embarrassing

It's just how it ends up. It'll fail, no doubt.

Why is it that most of the presumptuous, arrogant, very rude or overbearing people on this forum are British? I mean, really guys?

But, that's beside the point. The point is, Darren, you have no idea whether or not this will fail, nor do you have anyway of predicting that it will. To use a cliche, stop counting your chickens before they hatch. Hammer is making a legitimate try at a hosting service and even though I own a competing hosting service, I wish him good luck. I would not publicly humiliate him for trying to get a hosting service going, unlike what you're doing.

It's not exactly star quality though from what I've seen.

Quote to me where you have seen these things. I have no problems with people bringing up legitimate problems with my service, but you just go and say something like that and don't even try to back it up with anything substantial.  0/10 Darren.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 01:01:10 PM by Cowboy6 »

Hammer is making a legitimate try at a hosting service and even though I own a competing hosting service, I wish him good luck. I would not publicly humiliate him for trying to get a hosting service going, unlike what you're doing.
Exactly. This is only the third day of my hosting service. HamHost is, of course, not supposed to be the highest quality or most popular service, but it is not crap. But, Darren, you're acting as if this is the same hosting service as PNetwork2011 + Pacnet2010's.
The only reason the whole community is acting like this is because they think Pacnet is involved, although he is not.

And I'll back what Cowboy has said. You don't judge something that has just started, after all the title does have "Beta" in it. That's like judging a game before it is even out. It'll be glitchy (Not implying that this service is glitchy) and it'll have issues. Your case seems familiar, almost like an Apple fanboy, "It isn't good unless it's Apple" in which this case Apple is RTB (or whatever you use). Of course this service isn't going to "5/5 stars this needs to win an award" hosting service quite YET. Give it some time and I believe this service has some potential.

Darren's only here to flame anything that isn't his personal favorite.

Why is it that most of the presumptuous, arrogant, very rude or overbearing people on this forum are British? I mean, really guys?
How is any of what I said related to the British? Stop being a cunt and stereotyping how I act to the British.

But, that's beside the point. The point is, Darren, you have no idea whether or not this will fail, nor do you have anyway of predicting that it will. To use a cliche, stop counting your chickens before they hatch. Hammer is making a legitimate try at a hosting service and even though I own a competing hosting service, I wish him good luck. I would not publicly humiliate him for trying to get a hosting service going, unlike what you're doing.
Ok. So wait a second, if you're telling me that I am only guessing here, then think again. These services has failed before, the main reason for that is because they haven't got sufficient knowledge to control the service. I am not making a narrow minded opinion here, I'm saying this because it is going to end up being trash at some point. RTB is going to die when Blockland dies and that is basically the game. If you think that you're able to compete then I'm definitely going to make them posts. Plus this hosting service is a beta. I know many people who made beta versions of a thing and they never progressed to finish it. Like I said, I'm not making presumptuous decisions at all. I was just not too fussed about giving my reasons why until you attacked me.

Quote to me where you have seen these things. I have no problems with people bringing up legitimate problems with my service, but you just go and say something like that and don't even try to back it up with anything substantial.  0/10 Darren.
I used to join Mango's server a lot, I'm not saying that he found these an issue but the players definitely did, the server kept dropping out, lagging 24/7 and what's even worse is, the people who suffered the most lived in England. Wherever the server is stored, it needs sorting, even for a free service. Assuming HamHost is going to be free, you're going to be paying for a dead server. If you had organisation on your side then I'd actually consider not raping your service with bold comments like that.

The only reason I am supporting RTB is because of the organisation, the considerations and the layout of the website. Lub and Ephi have put substantial amount of time and effort into their service and that has paid off. I just think that if these extra services had more organisation and plans then I wouldn't be stuffting on any of your services. It's just that I struggle to see why people spend their money to host BL servers for other people when it's no place for you guys. RTB has took it over and they're getting a profit out of it. Unlike you guys, you're loosing money.

Your best bet would be to host Minecraft servers. That's another subject though.

Darren's only here to flame anything that isn't his personal favorite.
Well yeah I'll flame anything that I don't like. Whether it'll bring a positive or negative choice. I'm not exactly going to let is slip by.

I was wrong in just flaming without reasons. But the whole point of this post is to say that you need to organize. A beta isn't needed if you know what you're doing.

It sounds like I've changed my tune by now but that's what I meant behind those posts. Good luck anyhow.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 03:55:06 PM by nerraD »

I've been using this for the past 2 days without any lag or problems,  it took me an extra 10 minutes to figure out what i was doing, and hammer is trying really hard to do this he gives me pretty good customer service given that this is free atm. So please, don't go making assumptions, and this goes for everyone. I don't like it when people assume things in such a flavor.

Your first post (excluding some logo-related post) here was this:
I'm going to take a huge dump right here and say that your hosting service will go down the flush like every other hosting service, ever since RTB's addition got released. You'll never be able to host at the frequency in which Lub and Ephi do. This'll die like your other hosting services you've made.

You pretty much came here and said "you can't succeed". You literally just admitted to "stuffting on" these services. Why haven't you been banned already?

I used to join Mango's server a lot, I'm not saying that he found these an issue but the players definitely did, the server kept dropping out, lagging 24/7 and what's even worse is, the people who suffered the most lived in England. Wherever the server is stored, it needs sorting, even for a free service.

When was the date of this? We switched our server, it's almost lag free with ~19 servers running, we could run more.

When was the date of this? We switched our server, it's almost lag free with ~19 servers running, we could run more.
Im guessing when, Clinir hosted for you.

How is any of what I said related to the British? Stop being a cunt and stereotyping how I act to the British.

That was an observation, I was not saying all British are that way. I know a few Brits who are the nicest people in the world. It's just on this forum that they seem to be
Quote from: Cowboy6
presumptuous, arrogant, very rude or overbearing people
That's also why I said "But, that's beside the point" in the next paragraph. Did you even read that?

Quote from: nerraD
Ok. So wait a second, if you're telling me that I am only guessing here, then think again. These services has failed before, the main reason for that is because they haven't got sufficient knowledge to control the service. I am not making a narrow minded opinion here, I'm saying this because it is going to end up being trash at some point. RTB is going to die when Blockland dies and that is basically the game. If you think that you're able to compete then I'm definitely going to make them posts. Plus this hosting service is a beta. I know many people who made beta versions of a thing and they never progressed to finish it. Like I said, I'm not making presumptuous decisions at all. I was just not too fussed about giving my reasons why until you attacked me.

Wrong, you are guessing. You are basing your "facts" off of old history and (ironically) stereotypes. You would have likely said the same thing if I had posted a thread on my service here (which I very wisely didn't) and here we are, almost a year later and I'm still going. I have 22 happy clients and a lag free server, we have several improvements coming and no unexpected downtimes for the past 4 months since switching to the new server. As for competing, I know I cannot compete with RTB at this point and have no wish to, I am simply an alternative service. 

And, I'm not attacking you, I'm simply calling you out for the BS you been spewing all over this thread and others like it.

I used to join Mango's server a lot, I'm not saying that he found these an issue but the players definitely did, the server kept dropping out, lagging 24/7 and what's even worse is, the people who suffered the most lived in England. Wherever the server is stored, it needs sorting, even for a free service. Assuming HamHost is going to be free, you're going to be paying for a dead server. If you had organisation on your side then I'd actually consider not raping your service with bold comments like that.

As Mango said above, when was this? It sounds like more old history.

The only reason I am supporting RTB is because of the organisation, the considerations and the layout of the website. Lub and Ephi have put substantial amount of time and effort into their service and that has paid off. I just think that if these extra services had more organisation and plans then I wouldn't be stuffting on any of your services. It's just that I struggle to see why people spend their money to host BL servers for other people when it's no place for you guys. RTB has took it over and they're getting a profit out of it. Unlike you guys, you're loosing money.

Your best bet would be to host Minecraft servers. That's another subject though.

Your point is? What kind of "organization" and "plans" are you talking about? 

And, do we have to make a profit? Sure, it's nice, but making profits is not the reason some people host for others, but then again I'll bet you've never heard of being generous.

Well yeah I'll flame anything that I don't like. Whether it'll bring a positive or negative choice. I'm not exactly going to let is slip by.

Now that is just pathetic.

I was wrong in just flaming without reasons. But the whole point of this post is to say that you need to organize. A beta isn't needed if you know what you're doing.

It sounds like I've changed my tune by now but that's what I meant behind those posts. Good luck anyhow.

I'm not trying to be sarcastic when I say this, but that is the first half way reasonable thing I've ever seen you say. Also, I will not post here again about this, out of respect for Hammer's thread. If you want to continue it, take it to PM or another thread.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 06:53:50 PM by Cowboy6 »

Take it to a drama topic, Darren. This topic about HamHost is not intended to be for drama.

Im guessing when, Clinir hosted for you.
You didn't even spell "Clinr" correctly.

You of all people should know that giving setro anything "free" or beneficial will spoil that brat and cause him to go rampant once again.

Do you need a webpage for your site? I can throw something together if you give me a mockup.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 02:57:51 AM by mp7964 »

Do you need a webpage for your site? I can throw something together if you give me a mockup.
I have an operational Web server at www.hammereditor.net. I also have an e-mail server at mail.hammereditor.net.
My website hosts all images and files I use these days.
Also, I can make the webpages myself, once the hosting service becomes more popular and is out of beta. Sorry, but I don't need any help.