HamHost Dedicated Blockland servers | New poll: More free-user features?

Poll

What should happen to the price of HamHost?

Make it completely free. All features of the web control panel will br available for everybody.
Keep it free/premium, but give half of the features to free users.
Continue making more (web) control panel features for premium users, and occasionally make one for unpaid clients.
Keep adding more control panel features for premium users, but add none for free clients.
Make HamHost paid-only.

Author Topic: HamHost Dedicated Blockland servers | New poll: More free-user features?  (Read 101134 times)

Come on, u tried a hosting service and it failed he at least got farther then u
At least I wasn't going to use some stuffty server in Germany.

Some people are willing to pay less for lower-quality.

Hammer is doing his very best to run this, the service is also very efficient too and he actually treats his clients as people and is always willing to help his clients whatever the time of day it may be. He is professional, and he doesn't slack. He takes the service seriously, and treats his clients more like his friends. I think that you should try the service out, it is worth a try. The service may not be a royalty 5 star service - but it serves it's purpose as being a quick and easy dedicated free[ server provider.

Free for less features. Then you pay some money to get more features. So there's a catch.

Free for less features. Then you pay some money to get more features. So there's a catch.

Ah, there is always a gimmick! The world revolves around gimmicks! I advise reasoning it out though on what features you do need, and don't need. HamHost fits all of my needs.

then what were u gonna use

Otherwise, how would I get people to pay for the premium version?

At least I wasn't going to use some  @#!*%  server in Germany.
The ping may be horrible, but that's about it.

I have been running my server for close to 8 hours now using this service and have had a few people in the server, no lag at all and no crashing. The connection is fine and fast and reliable.

I think we are currently experiencing a DDoS attack. I'm trying to ping the server, and on average, I only get 1 packet back out of the 4 that were sent. Remote desktop doesn't work for 7 minutes, then works for 40 seconds, and goes on and off. Most HamHost servers have --- ping. I was able to get a quick glimpse in resources usage in Task manager, and CPU and ram usage are normal, except there is significant network activity.
Also, when I play on my Blockland server, the client's rendering seems to warp and turn from side to side. When I try to plant a brick, it takes about 700ms for the server to do it.

The attack seems to have stopped now.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 10:14:40 AM by hammereditor² »

I think we are currently experiencing a DDoS attack. I'm trying to ping the server, and on average, I only get 1 packet back out of the 4 that were sent. Remote desktop doesn't work for 7 minutes, then works for 40 seconds, and goes on and off. Most HamHost servers have --- ping. I was able to get a quick glimpse in resources usage in Task manager, and CPU and ram usage are normal, except there is significant network activity.
Also, when I play on my Blockland server, the client's rendering seems to warp and turn from side to side. When I try to plant a brick, it takes about 700ms for the server to do it.

The attack seems to have stopped now.

I was just on my server and I was getting very high abnormal amounts of ping, and lots of short lag spikes.

I was just on my server and I was getting very high abnormal amounts of ping, and lots of short lag spikes.
It all has stopped now. The attack is over.

It all has stopped now. The attack is over.

I am hopeful that it is, the lag spikes were really bad.

Maybe you should invest in DDOS protection.

Maybe you should invest in DDOS protection.

If you put up a floodgate to stop a flood, ships can't get through.
You can't just magically "make the packets disappear".

Sure, some "DDoS protection software" can help "soften the blow", but you can't just get rid of it completely.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 02:25:19 PM by Port »

Wait so nothing can be 100% DDoS-proof?