2013/08/28 - Blockland has been greenlit!

Author Topic: 2013/08/28 - Blockland has been greenlit!  (Read 101424 times)

Yeah, honestly, if you want to voice chat, get a group of friends if you have any, go on skype.
???

Profit.

Voice chat is probably a bad idea for this game, but that doesn't mean it's impossible, I'm sure there are ways

although I know little to nothing about torque, so I don't know

For the last time; Torque Engine doesn't support voice chat.

As long as you have the full source license, it supports anything you want it to support.

Voice chat is probably a bad idea for this game, but that doesn't mean it's impossible, I'm sure there are ways

although I know little to nothing about torque, so I don't know
Even if it is possible, there's little to no point in having it.

Does the steamworks API even have voice support?  I thought it was mostly profile info grabbing, achievements, and inventory.

Does the steamworks API even have voice support?  I thought it was mostly profile info grabbing, achievements, and inventory.
Steam chat has voice chat.

Yeah, honestly, if you want to voice chat, get a group of friends if you have any, go on skype.
???

Profit.
you're misusing this meme greatly

As long as you have the full source license, it supports anything you want it to support.
Well i highly doubt Badspot has time to the feature to the game.

Well i highly doubt Badspot has time to the feature to the game.

There are plenty of FOSS libraries that provide that exact functionality.

???

Profit.
Ha, yeah pretty much.

Steam chat has voice chat.
Correct, and Steamworks does in fact have voice support.  that would probably involve a big overhaul on how the game would work though, as it would probably require all users to use steam (also they never list a header for voice support, so who knows what's up with that).

Voice control would be nice, but only on small severs with friends.  I've used Skype voice for a huge beta test, and it was extremely hard to follow, because you couldn't tell who was saying anything..

Correct, and Steamworks does in fact have voice support.  that would probably involve a big overhaul on how the game would work though, as it would probably require all users to use steam (also they never list a header for voice support, so who knows what's up with that).
No. What I meant that the Steam application itself has voice chat. When you're in a Steam chat with someone you can use voice chat. If you're playing with friends you can all go into a group chat.

i'd personally love an opt in voice chat setting