Soft shadows

Author Topic: Soft shadows  (Read 86868 times)

Just for giggles, I'm taking an 8x megashot of the Golden Gate Bridge (slowest default build) with the ultra graphics soft shader.  It's already been about 10 minutes.

8x is too much, 4x is good enough

this one is more official

Err
mah
gersh

that's amazing

You know what'd be really cool if it's possible is if someone made an add-on that temporarily replaced your shaders with these when you take a screenshot. Sort of like that one mod that temporarily turns on shaders to max when you take a screenshot
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 04:53:25 PM by Mysteroo »

Err
mah
gersh

that's amazing

You know what'd be really cool if it's possible is if someone made an add-on that temporarily replaced your shaders with these when you take a screenshot. Sort of like that one mod that temporarily turns on shaders to max when you take a screenshot
That's the problem though.

Any non-core shaders aren't allowed to be addons/be part of addons. You'd have to add the shader itself permanently first, or just do the steps that everyone does right now.

That's the problem though.

Any non-core shaders aren't allowed to be addons/be part of addons. You'd have to add the shader itself permanently first, or just do the steps that everyone does right now.
If you already had the shader files in the folder though it could be easily done.

how do i make my shadows soft wouldn't know where to put it

is it possible port that you can make like sharp shadows?
like, normal shadows but without the pixelation stuff

It might sound stupid but how do I apply this?

It might sound stupid but how do I apply this?

There are plenty of instructions for various methods all over the topic.

is it possible port that you can make like sharp shadows?
like, normal shadows but without the pixelation stuff

but pixels are sharp
please read your post again

anyway, just increase the shadowmap resolution

was the version with the pseudo-bloom ever put out publicly? i'm not finding it anywhere