Author Topic: Soft shadows  (Read 87028 times)

was the version with the pseudo-bloom ever put out publicly? i'm not finding it anywhere

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=241926.msg6949468#msg6949468

"ultra version"

i clicked the link, but it just goes to a page with a bunch of "whatever"
where is the download button on the page?

(not the one u posted above, the normal version on page 16)

Edit: o wait nvm i found it.

These shaders sure are lovey.

I want need this, but even the normal one makes my framerate go to hell at low shader settings. (Minimum and none work fine)
Is there any way that I can fix this?

I want need this, but even the normal one makes my framerate go to hell at low shader settings. (Minimum and none work fine)
Is there any way that I can fix this?
Upgrade your computer
Thats all you can do

Upgrade your computer
Thats all you can do

What do I need to change?

What do I need to change?
Is it a laptop? If it is, there doesn't tend to be any feasible fixes to that.

If it's a desktop, you can upgrade the graphics card. You'll need to make sure that your motherboard has an open PCI-Express x16 slot (or one that you can swap the current card with), and enough power available on your power supply.

Is it a laptop? If it is, there doesn't tend to be any feasible fixes to that.

If it's a desktop, you can upgrade the graphics card. You'll need to make sure that your motherboard has an open PCI-Express x16 slot (or one that you can swap the current card with), and enough power available on your power supply.
Well, good news, this isn't a laptop.
Bad news, I lost you after "upgrade the graphics card". I have no idea what the rest of that means except the power supply part.

You'll need to open the computer up.

You'll need one of those PCI Express x16 slots. It could be occupied by your current card (or not, if you have integrated graphics). You'll notice that it's significantly longer than the standard slots, and has a little locking mechanism at the end of it.

You'll need to open the computer up.

-snip-

You'll need one of those PCI Express x16 slots. It could be occupied by your current card (or not, if you have integrated graphics). You'll notice that it's significantly longer than the standard slots, and has a little locking mechanism at the end of it.

Boy, am I glad my teacher showed me the inside of a computer a few weeks ago...
So does this mean that I have to open my computer and put a newer card in there?

Boy, am I glad my teacher showed me the inside of a computer a few weeks ago...
So does this mean that I have to open my computer and put a newer card in there?
Pretty much. I'll look for a decent card you could use that doesn't require extra power. But if you want real performance, you'll need a card that uses extra power from your power supply (Which would probably mean getting an upgraded power supply too).

Edit: I would recommend something like this.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202011
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 05:26:17 PM by Pecon »

Pretty much. I'll look for a decent card you could use that doesn't require extra power. But if you want real performance, you'll need a card that uses extra power from your power supply (Which would probably mean getting an upgraded power supply too).

Great! :)
Also, just in case, here's a pic of my motherboard.
There's a bit of glass on the side of my computer to let me see inside, so I'm lucky.

You need to clean your computer. Aside from that, it looks pretty straightforward to upgrade your machine. Can you open the case and look at that black box down in the bottom left of that picture? It should have a number in watts (W) that will tell us how much power your computer is rated for.

holy forget that's a lot of dust
and wait, i don't see a GPU at all, the heck

holy forget that's a lot of dust
and wait, i don't see a GPU at all, the heck
It's an APU (gpu integrated into AMD cpu)