Author Topic: Soft shadows  (Read 86882 times)

port + others:

if you're so confident that it will absolutely positively fail in every way for every user if you gave it to zeb then why not just give it to him so that he can realize it is going to fail.

either zeb helps you out and you get something done, he doesn't help you but he shuts up, or his experiment crashes and burns and you get to laugh at him. that's like a win-win-win. he can't even steal the idea because now just about everyone knows you made this thread and if zeb was actually dumb enough to try to pass it off as his own we'd shun him from society and he'd never get anything from anyone here ever again ever.

note: if you're holding it from him simply because it's fun to taunt him or because he's being a nasty child about asking for it then sure, hold a grudge, but i just don't see why not.

I'll release the modified version of renderCsm_frag.glsl later anyway - just don't mind the bugs ;)
so where is it

if you're so confident that it will absolutely positively fail in every way for every user if you gave it to zeb then why not just give it to him so that he can realize it is going to fail.
If port can run it on his computer then my gtx 690 is going to run it too

he can't even steal the idea because now just about everyone knows you made this thread and if zeb was actually dumb enough to try to pass it off as his own we'd shun him from society and he'd never get anything from anyone here ever again ever.
If I knew how to glsl I would have already copied this that's for sure
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 01:54:52 AM by Zeblote »

I'll release the modified version of renderCsm_frag.glsl later anyway - just don't mind the bugs ;)

so where is it

later

What? Port doesnt have to give this to anyone.

Idk if I read your post wrong, but no one is entitled to port's mod thing, majig.

ok port just showed us that its possible to edit the shaders to look better
and suddenly everyone is loving hating him for it??

Frankly, many "hate" on him because many others in this thread worship him. It's an anti reaction.

Frankly, many "hate" on him because many others in this thread worship him. It's an anti reaction.
This. It happens a lot

I don't understand this.. Who is worshiping Port? Unless someone is joking, I don't think anybody is doing that at all. People might be "worshiping" the shadows and how cool they look, but that's not the same thing as directly complimenting Port.

Badspot

• Administrator
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but you can easily load your own shaders via script without overwriting default files.

Code: [Select]
$Shader::Enabled = 1;
$Shader::ShaderName = "myShader"; //will need myShader_vert.glsl and myShader_frag.glsl in shaders folder
$Shader::ShadowCount = 4;         //how many shadow splits to use, valid range 1-4, scene is re-rendered for each split
$Shader::ShadowSize = 4096;       //shadow map texture size
$Shader::DynamicShadows0 = 1;     //render dynamic object shadows (vehicles, players, etc) at each shadow split
$Shader::DynamicShadows1 = 1;     //  example: setting DynamicShadows3 = 0 will turn off dynamic object shadows furthest away from the camera
$Shader::DynamicShadows2 = 1;     //  this can significantly improve performance in some cases
$Shader::DynamicShadows3 = 1;

//reinitialize shader stuff
initializeShaderAssets();
regenerateShadowMapFBOs();
flushVBOCache();

I haven't tested this but it's the way the default shaders work so it should be fine. 

Well, that makes it a hell of a lot easier.

I recall seeing this in the Shader folder, if I am correct.

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but you can easily load your own shaders via script without overwriting default files.

$Shader::ShaderName = "myShader"; //will need myShader_vert.glsl and myShader_frag.glsl in shaders folder
$Shader::ShadowCount = 4;         //how many shadow splits to use, valid range 1-4, scene is re-rendered for each split
$Shader::DynamicShadows0 = 1;     //render dynamic object shadows (vehicles, players, etc) at each shadow split
$Shader::DynamicShadows1 = 1;     //  example: setting DynamicShadows3 = 0 will turn off dynamic object shadows furthest away from the camera
$Shader::DynamicShadows2 = 1;     //  this can significantly improve performance in some cases

flushVBOCache();

I haven't tested this but it's the way the default shaders work so it should be fine. 

How do you specify the location of the shader files? Do they have to be in the shaders folder? In that case. you should allow us to write to it.

flushVBOCache();

badspot
you have made me happy
thank you
so much oh my god badspot thank you
HAPPYNESS IS EXPLODDDDDDDDDDDDIIIIIINNNNGG GG