Soft shadows

Author Topic: Soft shadows  (Read 85920 times)

I get about 20 FPS when using these on very high shaders, I think i'll pass.

that's not bad at all, how did you install them?

dear god my computer runs at less than 1 FPS oh my god
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 06:21:44 PM by Maxwell. »

that's not bad at all, how did you install them?
overwrote the renderCsm_frag.glsl with the code and saved it as read only
but in all reality i'd like blockland to be smoother rather than realistic.
even though i can run normal max shaders at about 120FPS

Port, how much does this drop the FPS?

Port, how much does this drop the FPS?

I use a AMD Radeon HD 7870 (GHz Edition) on Max shaders and depending on brick counts and soft shader settings it brings me down from 60-250 FPS to 15-50 FPS.

Just tried it, looks pretty sweet and doesn't run too badly on max on my HD 7870, all I get is a lot of frame skipping

~5 FPS
[img width=1000 height=562]http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/638/b2as.jpg[/img]

~15 FPS
[img width=1000 height=562]http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/1906/pi7y.jpg[/img]

Running it on max with as best as camera angles as I saw fit.

dear god my computer runs at less than 1 FPS oh my god

Code: [Select]
// this /will/ decrease your fps roughly (soft_distance*2/soft_stepsize+1)³ times,
// depends on cost of individual operations

will it work with intel graphics?

if regular shaders work with it, yes

if regular shaders work with it, yes
I can run them only on minimum

this is surprisingly playable, it's like i'm running blockland on a console
haha
but yeah super good for images, someone ought to see if there's an easier way to toggle them ingame other than switching the code of the glsl files around and reloading the shaders

Most intel graphic cards don't support blockland shaders.

this is surprisingly playable, it's like i'm running blockland on a console
haha
but yeah super good for images, someone ought to see if there's an easier way to toggle them ingame other than switching the code of the glsl files around and reloading the shaders
badspot just said it, make a new vertex shader file with a different prefix, make this the fragment shader with the same prefix, change the shadername setting to the prefix

badspot just said it, make a new vertex shader file with a different prefix, make this the fragment shader with the same prefix, change the shadername setting to the prefix

problem is: you still can't write to shaders/, even if you're not overwriting default files

Badspot

• Administrator
problem is: you still can't write to shaders/, even if you're not overwriting default files

Can you not just put a the file into the shaders folder?  I am not 100% sure of the security implications of shaders, so allowing scripts to write out a shader and then compile it seems dubious. 

Can you not just put a the file into the shaders folder?  I am not 100% sure of the security implications of shaders, so allowing scripts to write out a shader and then compile it seems dubious.  

The reason I'd like to dynamically place the file from an add-on is so I can replace the constants in the file with values specified in-game, however I suppose being able to switch it dynamically at all is good too anyway.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 05:14:31 AM by Port »