Poll

Favorite car origins?

Domestic
119 (16.2%)
Import (Asian)
103 (14%)
European
158 (21.5%)
I don't have a car because I play blockland.
354 (48.2%)

Total Members Voted: 730

Author Topic: Car thread  (Read 851058 times)

So I was driving into South St Louis City yesterday. I got on the interstate not taking into account that it would be busy at 2:30 in the afternoon. I had a GMC Sierra on the right trying to get in front of me because his lane was ending, but I was getting boxed in by a car in front, another in back, and a Taurus station wagon and a semi on the left. I had to squeeze between the semi and Taurus to make a double lane change. I saw a Nissan Versa coming up fast behind me to the left in the faster lanes and the overflow from the entrance ramp I came down was digging its way into the slow lanes, so in a measure to not be stuck I made a pretty idiotic move. The Versa had a line of cars following his trailblazing and I knew if I didn't get over now, I'd be trapped behind the semi in a claustrophobic 45mph of bumper-to-bumper. I felt the gas pedal hit the floor as I swung in front of the Versa to get around the semi.

It was odd to see that the Versa followed me for about 12 miles of city on two interstates and even get off at the same unpopulated exit. I thought for a minute he was pissed that I cut him off and I thought he'd follow me to my destination and cause a problem. He turned into a walgreens less than a half mile from where I stopped.

LMAO this one time a biker cut me off HARD and then hit his brakes like a handicap, idk what he was doing. I slammed my brakes and honked, pissed off. The dude braked to wait up for his buddies and I guess he just didn't consider me behind him. So he moved, I kept going, and then like 2-3 min later he caught up to me. Then followed me onto the highway for like 10 miles, we were both in the left lane and he stayed behind me. I thought for sure bike dude was gonna tear me a new starfish for honking at him, but he didn't get off when I did.

going 50mph and some jerk mom cuts in front of me so i begin to brake and accidentally lock up my back tire and slide a good 30 ft

LMAO this one time a biker cut me off HARD and then hit his brakes like a handicap, idk what he was doing. I slammed my brakes and honked, pissed off. The dude braked to wait up for his buddies and I guess he just didn't consider me behind him. So he moved, I kept going, and then like 2-3 min later he caught up to me. Then followed me onto the highway for like 10 miles, we were both in the left lane and he stayed behind me. I thought for sure bike dude was gonna tear me a new starfish for honking at him, but he didn't get off when I did.

Oh that reminds me, also happened last night. Furdle pulled out in a Pontiac G6 in front of my dad.

I was following my dad (he was in his car, I was driving the van) and a white Pontiac G6 with the license plates, "IM-SPCL" jerked through a corner causing my dad to have to hit the brakes. He then proceeded to drive 10mph under the speed limit. My dad flashed his brights at him (it was dark) and he just went slower. The road enlarged into a four-lane so my dad went around him and I followed suit. As I started to pass him, he started moving faster to stay alongside me. I just kept pushing the gas harder and harder and swung in front of him. He freaked out and darted into the other lane and followed us until we got to the next town, where he ended up turning into Taco Bell.

YOU CAN'T SIMMER THE MOTHERloving ZIMMER
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Other-Makes-Other-Zimmer-Quicksilver-Only-170-Produced-Have-you-seen-one-/151409496592?forcerrptr=true&hash=item2340b59210&item=151409496592&pt=US_Cars_Trucks&afsrc=1

lol i have no idea what it is

Oh yeah I've seen those online before. They look pretty cool but they really aren't anything special performance-wise. $48K in 1986 would be a hefty price for a perfect condition one now.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 09:03:58 PM by e-maxx »

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/cto/4637259115.html
the temptation is too strong

You should probably finish your first one before getting another one.

where the hell do you guys get the money to work on these cars jesus

ALSO:

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/cto/4652164278.html

holy forget this is the only car i will ever need jesus christ i need 4300$
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 05:28:16 AM by Strovbe »

You should probably finish your first one before getting another one.
if i did buy it there would be three things i would do with it
1. use it as a parts car both to use on my car and too sell some of the extra parts
2. hold it for a friend if he ever gets serious about wanting one
3. turn it into a RACECAR

still prefer the bright ferrari red color on them. cant wait to get one of these when im older
they arent that expensive suprisingly

or the 328 gts
or the testarossa but those are a bit more expensive but slicker

with a bit of hard work and luck ill snatch one of them in the next 5-10 years

I looked at a testarossa for my first car but it was on the very top part of our budget and the quality wasn't anywhere close to pristine. That's not to say it was a junker, it's just that you could easily tell that it was a car from the early 90s.

it's just that you could easily tell that it was a car from the early 90s.
i know what you mean and thats what attracts me towards it
im stuck in the past

So.

I don't know stuff about modding a car or street racing or anything.

But my boss at the tire shop I work at just bought this Stealth a customer didn't want anymore. He bought it for like $7500, put a new shift cable in it and some other stuff for just under $2000 and suddenly this thing is forgetin' kickass. He let me drive it to the car wash and spend a half hour or so washing and a light waxing, but I'm not great at driving a manual so I didn't really get to see what it had.

Turns out this thing loving moves. This thing has to hit 60mph in under five seconds. I'd say between four and five. I'm sure the AWD makes a hell of a difference. I've never ridden in a car that literally punches your face back into your seat when you let it loose, but god forgetin' damn this thing loves doing that. He only got up to 130mph on our test drive before we ran out of road.

I could get in a lot of trouble with one of these.

edit: this thing also has 130,000 miles but you can't even tell. not bad for 24 years old.

edit 2: lol booster seat
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 10:14:44 PM by Caution »

ok so the Counting Cars guy Danny Koker is up in Massachusetts for the Big E fair
i was watching his show and he has a '51 Mercury Coupe that looked like this

the next day im sitting at a stoplight waiting to make a left hand turn and this thing passes by me. i swear its Danny Koker's and it would be totally sick if it was him