Poll

Favorite car origins?

Domestic
119 (16.2%)
Import (Asian)
103 (14%)
European
158 (21.5%)
I don't have a car because I play blockland.
354 (48.2%)

Total Members Voted: 730

Author Topic: Car thread  (Read 846668 times)

I like less sporty cars too. like, if someone offered to buy me a $100,000 car, meaning I could only choose one and I didn't have the actual income to let me buy it, then I would definitely go with an S-class
but if I DID have income like that, I'd most definitely get a GT-R first, and then buy an S-class later

Speaking of Mercedes, they just came out with a new electric vehicle and here's what it looks like:

It is listed at $41,000 which is ridiculous to me.

Every car maker seems to be creating their own green/hybrid/electric car now, Toyota has done it, Honda has done it, Mercedes now does it and BMW just did it with their new model the i3:

If I were to get an electric car though, it'd have to be this for looking the coolest.

It is listed at $41,000 which is ridiculous to me.
well, it is a mercedes. and electric cars are just expensive in general

well, it is a mercedes. and electric cars are just expensive in general

Mercedes lost a lot of its momentum because of how cheap it is to purchase now, same with BMW's and Porsche's. They aren't as desirable since their entry-line models are relatively affordable for cars like that. I will admit though, my dad's friend has a Mercedes sedan from 2008 and when I ride in it, the ride is SO SMOOTH

I really have a complex against a lot of hybrid/electric cars. I just find them too overrated, too expensive (in terms of repairs, such as battery cells), and impractical due to low range compared to gasoline cars. Many of them are just plain ugly (Cadillac ELR), obnoxiously futuristic (BMW i3/i8), or absolutely flamboyant (GMC Yukon Hybrid especially) in style in my opinion.

I think there should be more tame electric cars such as what Tesla is trying to accomplish. I see it happening elsewhere as well such as with the plugin Prius and EV versions of gasoline vehicles (Chevy Spark, Fiat 500e, Kia Soul, etc).

My top electric favorites would probably be the Tesla Model S and Chevrolet Volt.

Mercedes AMG GT d revealed today.

Opinions?

I like it from that angle. I feel like it might look off from other angles though.

I like the front. but I think the side looks weirdly aged compared to the front

It looks like a more modernised gullwing. I like it.

Ive always wanted to put an led music visualizer on my car.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZgxWJMo7SY
like this only fits my window better and is directly linked to the cqr audio instead of just vibration activated.

guess I better start learning basic electronics

Mercedes AMG GT d revealed today.
-snip-
Opinions?
Eh, preferred the SLS more
I really have a complex against a lot of hybrid/electric cars. -snip-
Volkswagen e-Golf is pretty cool, they also have a hybrid GTE

That Merc is lovey.

Isn't the Volt fully electric too? I think Chevy has done an okay job at making an electric car that isn't ugly as sin. I really do not understand why every car that has come out that's electric aside from the Tesla is ugly.

I hate the chevy volt
but the tesla model s is great
Eh, preferred the SLS more
is it a replacement for the SLS? I never really liked the way the SLS looked
I like "SLS" more than "GT" though :/

This guy is loving crazy. The 370z's drivetrain loss is about 15% -- that means that this guy's car is making 765HP at the crank. On stock internals.

is it a replacement for the SLS? I never really liked the way the SLS looked
I like "SLS" more than "GT" though :/

I heard about its impending release months ago. The SLS is staying. The GT is just the "poor man's SLS".

I do like the GT quite a bit too, especially in the SLS's trademark red color.

stp oil treatment is like motor honey

and i thought 20w-50 oil was thick