Poll

Favorite car origins?

Domestic
119 (16.2%)
Import (Asian)
103 (14%)
European
158 (21.5%)
I don't have a car because I play blockland.
354 (48.2%)

Total Members Voted: 730

Author Topic: Car thread  (Read 846748 times)

Anyone that thinks a manual car would be better to own has never driven on a day to day basis in civilization before.

Unless you're planning on being in a NASCAR race every time you drive or live in a hut 50 miles into the mountains surrounded by rugged terrain then automatic is ALWAYS better to have.

Anyone that thinks a manual car would be better to own has never driven on a day to day basis in civilization before.

only sacks of tuna have issues with manual

are you a sack of tuna, son?

I live in a farm with dirt roads that turn into mud with rain. Automatic transmissions die here.

I hate roads having salt and crap especially when you drive 300+ miles to southern Minnesota and you drive back through literally salt flooded roads at night.

Wow. Doesn't the salt peel the paint from the car?

Wow. Doesn't the salt peel the paint from the car?
It'll rust any untreated surface away. Especially undercarriages. I've seen so many rusted undercarriages that have loads of salt residue in the wheel bays

What

That brake pedal looks like a household register vent.

Actually, that's the spot you put your foot below where the clutch would be. The brake is just barely visible on the right, looks normal.

You can't dragrace with an automatic car without a manual setting nor can you brake with the gearbox which is very useful when you get a flat tire. Automatic cars are for you lazyass friends who want everything easier in their life.
You can totally drag race in an automatic car "without a manual setting." It's called mashing your foot down. It won't be as much fun as shifting, but you can do it. Also, you can brake with your handbrake if you don't have a gear selection mechanism, but it's irrelevant because the R8 DEFINITELY has a gear selection mechanism. In fact, most high end sports cars are shifting (no pun intended) away from manual gearboxes because they're slow and clunky. Porsche is phasing out manual transmissions in favor of it's fantastic PDK dual-clutch transmission. Lamborghinis haven't shipped with manual transmissions for at least two generations. Ferraris don't come with manual transmissions anymore.

I prefer manuals for the fact you can get a better control of its speed + if your brakes go out you can actually not die

On the other hand a automatic is easier to drive but horrid for anything aside from casual drive. Also their transmissions suck richard. (They are not fun to work with, transmissions suck in general but I dislike automatic more. Both spew trans fluid all over the place)
You don't really get better control of speed. You get better control of RPMs, but first off automatic transmissions are really good at selecting the proper gear desired based on your current speed and how far down the gas pedal is pressed, and second off any car that is worth driving for the pleasure of driving with an automatic transmission lets you control the currently selected gear.

Also, automatic transmissions are engineering masterpieces. Look at one sometime. They are glorious works of logical art and are probably the most complex machinery that's utilized so heavily per capita.

That said, I prefer manual transmissions. I just think it's dumb when people hate on automatics. It's bandwagoning friendry.

space ants have invaded my pictures

SPACE ANTS

Automatic cars are for you lazyass friends who want everything easier in their life.
the way i see it owning a car at all makes you lazy. it's morally wrong to want things to be easy therefore u should walk everywhere

Great idea. Lets go ahead and walk 120KMs to see grandma and another 120KM to come back home.

Unless you're a lazyass friend you would walk, it only makes sense

introducing the m1 combat car

-250hp engine
-bulletproof
-2 machineguns
-superior grip offroad
-weighs 8.5 tonnes letting you crush any hippies blocking the route to mcdonalds

here's what these satisfied customers have to say about it:

"It kills Krauts!"
"Pushing the steering levers is hard"
"I GOT A .50 CAL POWPOWPOWPOWPOW"
"I think the radio is broken"

the way i see it owning a car at all makes you lazy. it's morally wrong to want things to be easy therefore u should walk everywhere
Don't you mean drag yourself across the ground?

Actually, that's the spot you put your foot below where the clutch would be. The brake is just barely visible on the right, looks normal.

Oh man I see it now. Didn't look close enough I guess.

Don't you mean drag yourself across the ground?

No, I think he means lying flat on the floor.