Poll

Favorite car origins?

Domestic
119 (16.2%)
Import (Asian)
103 (14%)
European
158 (21.5%)
I don't have a car because I play blockland.
354 (48.2%)

Total Members Voted: 730

Author Topic: Car thread  (Read 832156 times)

Should I do a straight pipe on my Celica?
Sounds like an angelic choir to me, how bout you guys

There is a hole in the exhaust anyway so im gonna have to do something, why not do something awesome?

Video of sound:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaeBhkiiUO8

Mostly because straight pipes are illegal pretty much everywhere.

twin turbo v8, biofuel compatible, insanely overpowered engine

1500 hp, under 20 second 0-250, no transmission (wat?)
I blew my load at the bolded parts
but why no transmission?

Wanting...

1985 Toyota MR2 for $2500, the engine was replaced with a supercharged one at what the seller says was around 30-60k miles. I have no idea how many miles it's at now though

but why no transmission?

Presumably because shifting takes time. It probably uses variable ratio gears instead of shifting between gears so that the car can be at its maximum power output during all acceleration.

2015 corvette Z06 (ignore bad seating adjustment)

CHRIST
her face is like a foot away from the wheel

but that is a NICE car

She is a midget isn't it, I mean come on.

I've been driving around Chevy dealers on the hunt for a new Z06. My quest will win eventually, they can't hide forever.

I also have a new driving story where I did something stupid last Monday:

I had just gotten home from the community college on a cold, snow-covered, day. I parked my muddy, salty, brine-covered van in the garage but left the door up. I told my mom that the gas was low so she told me I could go drive it to the gas station to refill the tank (same day I posted the pic of the full tank). I did. On the way home though, I dug myself into a deep predicament. Turning right at the stoplight by the gas station onto the 60mph highway, I saw cars coming so I bolted through the red light to try to beat them. I managed to accelerate up to speed while in the right lane, but then up ahead I saw a white Excursion pull into my path to the point where I'd normally have to slow down, so I switched to the left lane to try to get around him. Once my front axle was aligned with his rear, he accelerated beyond my speed so I figured I may as well get behind him since the two lanes of highway decreased to one lane up ahead and my lane was the one that ended. When I tried to switch though, a blue Toyota was right on the Excursion's bumper so I couldn't get over. What's more, a black F-150 was coming fast on mine. Slowing down to change lanes was not an option and I was running out of road. Here's a quick description of the setup:

Right lane: Blue Honda Civic, white Excursion, blue Toyota, some other car behind it
Left lane: black Toyota Tundra, me, black F150, someone else

Well, here's how it went down. The Tundra in front of me signalled to go into the left turn lane at the final stoplight before the lane reduction. In a few seconds of weighing my options, I hit the gas nearly to the floor using the measly V8 to power my 3 ton refrigerator past the entire right lane of cars. The Civic had to have been going 65-70mph. I watched as the Toyota disappeared from view, the Excursion passed the side, and it was just me and the Civic deciding who would make it to the one lane. I felt the pedal bump against the floor mat and the engine shot up almost 1200rpm. The F150 retreated in the pack and squeezed into a spot in the right lane but I kept going. I watched my speedometer pass 75 and the Civic slid behind me. It wasn't a close call and by no means was any sort of road rage. It probably wasn't the brightest idea either.

Today, I woke up, went outside and noticed that the car wasn't there but my mom was at home. I asked her where the car was and she said that an officer confiscated it for not having an emergency kit and the spare tire.

We had to remove those to make room for 5 40Kg corn bags. She said that we can go pick it up free of charge with the spare wheel and the emergency kit under our arms.

Does this happen in the US as well?

Today, I woke up, went outside and noticed that the car wasn't there but my mom was at home. I asked her where the car was and she said that an officer confiscated it for not having an emergency kit and the spare tire.

We had to remove those to make room for 5 40Kg corn bags. She said that we can go pick it up free of charge with the spare wheel and the emergency kit under our arms.

Does this happen in the US as well?

No that's total bull lol

I think my van does happen to have both, but no one would ever know or care if they were removed. And the spare tire is stored underneath my van anyway, so it doesn't take up storage space. The first aid kit is only about the size of a lunch box.

Well, it's law that all vehicles must have an emergency kit which inclues a cricket, a manual pump, a first aid kit, a fire extinguisher type ABC and two hazard reflectors but having the car towed for not having it seems a bit extreme to me.