Author Topic: Game Design Megathread  (Read 443221 times)

ShareX can also record gifs. You can also record a regular video and convert it with gfycat.

32 years later and still so much to learn from this.
give that mother forgetin mexican plumber a machine gun and id play that

Introducing Robbin', the hooded archer.  Fights with a bow and arrow because it looks cool and gets chicks.  Isn't actually very good at it.

does he actually aim at you

Not yet, but I'm considering having him vary the strength of his shot depending on how far away you are.

been screwing around with an inventory system

been screwing around with an inventory system

Reminds me of CS 2D

help

i'm being held against my will my address is 123help

« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 06:45:51 PM by chrisbot6 »

that's sick.

also plasti how can i support your game

Seems like I have a problem.

I want to make a 2D game because I only have a 2D artist. I'm using the 3D environment for 3D physics, but the game will be orthographic to make all of the flat, 2D objects and characters believable. The problem is that this bug prevents me from using Unreal's orthographic functionality. The shadows I've shown earlier are a result of my hacky (and incredibly inefficient) workaround for the problem, which requires 10 shadow map cascades, among other ridiculous things, for the shadows to even show up.

Other numerous issues include lights going out when I move away from them, the camera not focusing on the player properly after the screen is resized, and that mirror effect I showed above coming out like this:

Basically, what should just involve flipping a switch is instead a complex and irritating process thanks to this huge oversight in Unreal. If any of you guys are Epic Games members, it would be really helpful if you could vote on that for me.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 06:56:22 PM by chrisbot6 »

All I'm saying is that a title that includes "UE-11026 has gotten worse" probably isn't the best way to get attention on an issue.

All I'm saying is that a title that includes "UE-11026 has gotten worse" probably isn't the best way to get attention on an issue.
That's the name of the bug, not the engine version. I've changed the title a bit so that isn't misunderstood.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 08:23:00 PM by chrisbot6 »

is there not an actual issue tracker for unreal? that's kinda bad